About Us

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Of Callings and Kayaks

For some reason we were having major issues with our post today so to avoid chucking the computer out the window out of frustration the text and the pictures are separate. I have never had so much trouble, I don't know what happened.

Here are some pictures of us at La Jolla Cove on the kayaks. The sun was shining nice and bright so everyone got burned really bad.



5 comments:

Lisa said...

That picture of Cody is so cool- It looks like he is sitting on top of the water. It looks super fun (and scary!). Congrats on the new callings. You guys will be great. In Twin there weren't many YM (but a crowd compared to you guys, I think they had like 10 active or something). Anyway, they started praying like crazy for more boys. Within a few months they got several more. . . all from single parent homes (single moms) who really needed father figures, some active, others not so much. I don't think that's what they had in mind when they started praying but it turned out pretty good. Em, have fun in RS, are you over education or HFPE?

Unknown said...

I am over HFPE.

Anonymous said...

Once again, great pictures and it's fun to hear what's going on in your lives. I know both of you will do very well in you new callings. I would be a wimp on the wave stuff. Dad keeps trying to get me to go white water rafting and I'm kind of scared. So, thanks for the inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing both of you real soon. Take care, Love Mom Diehl

John and Kori said...

My advice for your new calling Emilee is call a great committee and then delegate, delegate, delegate! Alyn was the Enrichment Leader in her ward for a while.

Marti said...

I had the pleasure of being the Education cousellor for a year followed immediately by being the Enrichment counsellor for a year in my ward at school... have fun with that. At least family ward people are generally more dependable at coming to things than student ward people. No, it really wasn't bad, just lots of meetings. Definately get yourself a good committee Em, it helps a lot.
And Cody, even though I enjoyed our December polar-bear run into the sea, I think I would have preferred kayaking and snorkling myself, so lets do that in July, mmmk?