To start off our Arizona adventures my sister Becky and her 3 kids came to visit. We went to Balboa Park (never disappoints), the beach (and the boys actually swam in the waves!), ate out at the Costco snack bar (gotta love it!), and went to the Mormon Battalion (totally awesome). I failed to take any pictures, unfortunately, so you will have to go to Becky's blog if you want to see pictures. It was so fun to hang with Becky, I wish we lived closer.
Then we took a trip (maybe our last) to Tucson to see my best friends before they move away. The desert was beautiful and green from all the winter rain. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with our friends! We took a short hike through Sabino Canyon and saw lots of water flowing over the dam.
We actually went on this hike to see the wild flowers, but unfortunately there weren't any in this area. It was still pretty though and we could see yellow/orange blotches on the sides of the mountains. We would have loved to hike up there but couldn't. It reminded me of the many, many beautiful hikes we've taken in this beautiful desert. I miss it.
For lunch we went to Guero Canelo, of course. The best Mexican food you will ever eat! We took full advantage of our time in Tucson and ate there twice. yummmmmmm.... Sorry, no pictures to accompany; just imagine us stuffing our faces like Pat with huge smiles on our faces.
We spent some quality time with Britt, Desi, Emilee, Janny and Brian. Desi entertained the girls for a while by pulling them around in this basket. They loved it. They were so cute together. We had such a great time with our wonderful friends! We miss you!
I just realized we did not get a group shot...bummer!
We left Tucson Sunday afternoon and since we still hadn't seen any poppies in the wilderness (there were tons all over the city), we stopped at Picacho Peak. There were tons of poppies up the sides of the peak and it would have been a beautiful hike but we only stopped in the parking lot and got out to take pictures. Eliza was tired and cranky so we did not get any really good pictures of her. Oh well.
Poppies, poppies, poppies!
We love Arizona!
4 comments:
Fun times, I can't believe you didn't come see us too.
I agree. Arizona has my heart too :) (Especially on a cold, winter, Idaho day!!) :) Looks like a fun trip and GORGEOUS landscep! It's not very often that the desert is covered in so many flowers :) Glad you could go and enjoy :)
It was so so so fun seeing you guys! I just loved playing with Eliza! I hope we get to see you guys soon. It has only been 2 weeks since that Sabino Canyon hike, but I am sure my pregnant belly has doubled in size.
I still miss Tucson. I'd move back there in a minute. LOVE the Sonoran Desert.
Looks like fun times. Your sister was very brave to take 3 kids on spring break by herself. Impressive.
Post a Comment