A couple of weeks ago we went to the Phoenix, Arizona Temple open house. We drove to Cody's parents' house Friday and went down to Phoenix Saturday morning to have lunch and then go on the tour with a couple of Cody's siblings and their families. We parked at a water park close by and then rode a bus to the temple which sits right behind a large church building. We went into the church building and waited for our tour to start. Everything was very well organized. I was kind of grumpy that morning because of the road trip, the kids, the heat, the delicate situation with the new temple's neighborhood and then Cody scuffed up my brand new shoes with his big ol' feet when we sat down on the bus. Silly, I know. As we walked out of the church building, I was looking down at the ground (and grumbling about my scuffed toe) because it was so darn bright outside, then I felt something very small and very gentle tug at my very human heart. I looked up and saw for the first time the temple standing before us, so tall and beautiful. I was overcome. I felt awe and reverence for it as a holy place, and I was impressed by its permanence as a solid structure built to last centuries. It is hard to put into words the feelings I felt. I saw it as a house of God that will not just go away or change as public opinion waxes and wanes over the years, this will not change, God is our Father and Christ is our Savior and we as His children must work hard, change our natural ways and try to become like him, that is our purpose on this earth. The temple is where we learn about God and about His plan for us and where we can feel heaven's peace. I felt that peace and I know this church is Christ's church. It is led by men who hold His holy priesthood and who are called by Him to carry out His work.
Eliza was playing with her cousins, Coulson was the only one who would stand in a picture for me. Lucky I captured his sweet, little smiling face.
Happy Birthday to Cody!
We love being at Grandma and Granddad's!







No comments:
Post a Comment