Holy cow! October is gone. We have been incredibly busy. We have been so preoccupied with Prop 8 stuff, school, work, callings and moving in the middle of it all that the month of October slipped by. On election day we will have just 3 months until our little wiggle worm is due to make her appearance. Yikes! We have a baby room and currently it has a desk, an office chair and a few tubs of stuff in it. I am freaking out about this! But I am trying to remain calm and finish school first. Halloween came and went and we are lame-o! We went to the ward trunk-or-treat for the dinner and then after dinner ran to the store to get candy. We sat in the back of our undecorated truck and passed out candy from the bowl we brought the salad for the dinner in. Lame, lame, lame. I think you have to have kids to appreciate some of the holidays. One of my 10-week courses ended on Halloween so up until then I was stressing out about the 15 page research paper and final project that was looming over my head. Thankfully it is over but I started another class to replace it. I will be so glad to be done in 6 weeks!! On Halloween I did not have any pressing assignments so I put up some fake spiderwebs and got some candy and we actually got some trick-or-treaters. A few days before Halloween we also carved some pumpkins. So maybe we are not completely lame-o.
Cody had a birthday!!! Shout hurray! I made him a chocolate cheesecake, it was very rich and extremely tastey. I got him a dremmel and a sweet thumb drive, cool huh. I remind of the video Emilee posted of me singing "happy birthday" back in February. We took a similar video of Emilee singing 'happy birthday" for my birthday but for some reason Emilee didn't want to post it. Weird eh?
Our ward had a family pinewood derby. It rocked! Our little #4 truck did pretty well. We lost to an uncarved block of wood and a little girl. I'm humbled.
This is our first look into our new apartment. We were excited to move because the rent is so much cheaper.Our Jack-o-lanterns. Take a guess at who carved which pumpkin. The winner gets a sticker.
My beautiful peace lily bloomed!!!The belly! We went without costumes to the Trunk-or-Treat, which was combined with the other ward that we split from back in June. A sister from the other ward, who hasn't seen Emilee in a while, thought that Emilee was dressed up as a pregnant woman. It was pretty funny, this sister asked Emilee if that was her costume or if she really was pregnant.
I've been meaning to post this video since June, when it was taken. Near our apartment there is an obstacle course. This large teeter-totter is part of it. Enjoy the short video and don't worry no one was permanetly injured in the filming of this video.
9 comments:
I don't know why but the pumpkin with the smiley face totally cracks me up.
You need to get a group together for the teeter totter that way you can really launch someone.
I like the cute pregnant belly. Somehow I don't think my brother was the creative one with the pumpkins. I'll have to agree that Halloween is more fun when you have your own kids.
I'm so glad you posted a picture of your belly! So cute! It's true that other people's pregnancies go by so much faster than your own. I can't believe you only have three months left. Craigstlist is your best friend is my advice on baby stuff. People sell tons of baby stuff that's barely used for cheap. Also just keep casually mentioning to people you know that you're looking for things and you'll be surprised what free stuff you can get! I don't know if Cody has the patience for the hard pumpkin so I'm guessing Emilee. I'm glad you had a good birthday brother but I don't know what a dremmel is?
I also love the smiley pumpkin... although it's not very impressive, it makes me chuckle.
What's the purpose of the teeter-totter in the obstacle course? It doesn't appear to be very dangerous or challenging (er... sorry guys). Perhaps if you had to ride a unicycle over it?
I know you two have been busy, because you haven't posted very often on your BLOG. So, even though you're still busy I loved the news, pictures, etc. I'm also guessing that Cody did the smiley face pumpkin. I also loved the pregnancy Halloween story and picture. Jesse and Mindy have some baby stuff they want to share with you so get in touch with them. Love Mom
Emilee TOTALLY did the witch-and-tree pumpkin; she's written all over it (and it looks excellent, btw)! Your popped-out pooch looks SO cute, Meemers. Miss you.
Hey Emilee you beautiful pregnant woman! I found you! I have to admit that I love blog stalking! Cute post!
I love the picture of your belly too!! Yay. I can't wait to see you at Christmas time.
I'm so glad you finally posted. I loved reading the updates and seeing a picture of you. We're still planning on seeing you this weekend, and I'm way excited!!!!!! Toss up on the pumpkin . . . I remember a smile-faced one from sometime long ago; however, I could see Emilee taking the time to make the artsy one.
Post a Comment