Thursday, September 24, 2009
Girls' Nights Out
Monday through Wednesday of this week Cody was out of town for a Biomedical Sciences Retreat while I played with the girls. I was not excited about the retreat, but then I got to thinking that this would be a perfect excuse to hang out with my best friends! I invited Janny and Desi to come spend a few days with me. Their poor husbands were left to fend for themselves while we had a blast! Desi's little girl Emilee and Eliza got to meet finally. They laughed and poked each other while we watched and laughed. Emilee is an expert crawler so she gave Eliza some tips. Here they are meeting for the first time.
Day 2 of the fun-filled girls vacation included the beach, baths, naps, The Cheesecake Factory and a little shopping. It was the babies' first time at the beach so we were excited to see how they would do. Eliza cried when I put her feet in the water and got freaked out by the waves. She held on to me very tightly and was content to just be held or sit on the blanket. The babies did not like the ocean too much, maybe next year...
But they sure looked cute in their beach attire!!

Just hangin' out!
Day 3 included a picnic at Balboa Park, naps, pizza, leftover cheesecake and lots of laughter. We planned to go to the Air and Space Museum because it was free Tuesday but apparently that is only for SD county residents. It was a big bummer but we still enjoyed a Rembrant and a Rubens at the Timken Museum of Art, and the Botanical Building.
We had so much fun together, I just loved every minute of it! My cheeks still hurt from smiling and laughing. It was just like the good old days at UA. We definitely need to do it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's AWESOME Emillee!! It's always fun tobe able to hang out with friends. I feel like you do. . . I don't like when Rusty leaves but it is kinda nice to get some "me" time or catch up with friends :) Hey Rusty and I are coming down for Thanksgiving. If you're going to be around we should hang out :)I would LOVE to meet your hubby and cute baby girl!
Sounds like you had so much fun you didn't have time to miss Cody. Count your blessings Emilee, my husband has traveled for work many times since we've been married.
You totally beat me to it. I'm going to try to find time today to post on my blog. Thanks for getting the pics up. I had so much fun this week!! Thanks for thinking it up and inviting us. P.S. I still need your mailing address.
Our little vacation was so fun! Thanks for having us over- next time we will do it in Tucson :)
Sounds fun. I need some good friends like that! Glad you had a great time.
Half the fun of taking them "swimming" is the cute outfits! I love the floppy hat! That sounds like so much fun! I want a girls vacation!
Post a Comment