Here is Eliza with the "bodacious pumpkins" at the pumpkin patch because she is definitely bodacious.
Cody's parents and sister came to visit us this week, and boy, did we have a good time!! Here is Charlotte and Eliza getting reacquainted. These two girls were so fun to watch! So adorable! I loved all of Charlotte's little words and signs.
We went to the zoo and got to see lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! But seriously, the lions were amazing and so were the tigers. Most of the animals were quite active so we really had a good time seeing them interact. Here we are in the new Elephant Odyssey where the lions never disappoint and the enormous elephant stables are always awe-inspiring.
It was fun to watch Charlotte run around and look at the animals. Some day Eliza will do the same...
We also took a harbor cruise. We got to see the USS Mercy, some battleships and go under the Coronado bridge.
Eliza soaking up some sun.
And here is "the most powerful warship on planet earth". The captain told us this several times and he told us all about its stunning capabilities. He said its radar is 4 times more powerful than most airport control tower's radar and that it can track about 110 different objects at once. He also said it could track a bumble bee traveling between SD and LA and tell you how many times it flapped its wings! Wow! Oh and it has a gatling gun that shoots 5000 rounds per minute at a range of 5 miles. It was quite impressive.
Eliza got to drive for a bit.
Granddad and the babies.
Grandma and Granddad treated us to The Cheesecake Factory for Cody's birthday. It was delicious and the cheesecake was unbelievable! Thank you so much for everything!! We had such a great time and it was so great to have them here even though we were a bit crowded in our little apartment, some day we will have a bigger place.
10 comments:
Thanks for the great time. It's fun to see the pictures so soon. It was a lot of fun watching Eliza and Charlotte, two little cuties. Love Grandma
I think the parents enjoy spoiling their grandkids. Oh, well I guess somebody's got to do it.
The Battleship also had 6 to 8 of the gattling guns and it had the soft radar image where your hand print in the side of the ship lasted for two minutes so that radar was absorbed rather than reflected back.
That is crazy about that battleship! It's good to know that it is on our side!! :) Happy Birthday to Cody! I've heard the Chessecake Factory is amazing, but have never been there. I want to though :)
Happy Birthday, Cody. Thinking of battleships; as I was studying for oral and written exams the military started looking quite attractive. Shooting a gatling gun seemed a lot better than standing in front of 5 grumpy professors for 6 hours.
Fun, well-written post!
I AM little confused by the panda admiring pic. Are you mocking the gentleman scratching himself? ;p
I can't believe radar tracking a bumblebee. You've got to be kidding me!
Too bad we don't live close enough to invade your home with all 5 of us! : ) We're missing out. Eliza is so cute.
too fun! charlotte and eliza are so adorable!
Charlotte and I had so much fun! I hope Eliza didn't pick up any of Charlotte's screaming bad habits. You were such great hosts. Thanks so much for letting us have Eliza's room and crib- even if it meant the three of you didn't sleep too well. We definitely owe you! I'll post my pictures soon. I want copies of some of yours- I was too busy chasing Charlotte to take very many. I especially want Cody's awesome tiger picture!
Alyn- Haha! I didn't even notice that guy scratching himself. Too funny. We really were just admiring the lazy pandas.
Thanks for the invite. Are you avoiding stalkers? :)
P.S. If you are private, I think you can remove the word verification test...
Post a Comment