About Us

Sunday, November 21, 2010

the kids


I had a really great 2 and a half weeks of postpartum recovery bliss where I had lots and lots of wonderful help but now we are on our own.  My sister Becky left on Thurs and she was worried she did not help much, the next few days without her were tough...she did so much for me that managing everything on my own was very overwhelming at first.  We are immensely grateful for all she did.  Eliza loooooved her!  She followed her around the whole time and when we dropped her off at the airport, she kept saying so sweetly "bye-bye, Becky" and then she fell asleep holding Coulson's hand. (and then she did not take a nap for the next 4 days but that is a different story for another time.)  

Eliza just saw a picture of Becky and yelled out "Becky!"   Come back, Becky!

The 2-3 hour blocks of sleep at night are starting to wear on me.  I've said this before but I am saying it again: someday I will sleep an entire night without waking once and it will be glorious.  But until then I am going to enjoy this little angel baby as much as possible:

This was taken last Monday.  He was 2 weeks old and sleepy and happy.

Well the babe is crying, I better go. 

6 comments:

The Eagar Boones said...

I am glad I was helpful. It was sure fun becoming Eliza's favorite aunt. Sorry, but it's true to all her other aunts out there!! She is sure a cutie. I wish we lived closer.

ALYN said...

Something that helped me with Charlie was that he would take a bottle, so I could go to bed, and let Nathan take a late night feeding. Thus I could in theory sleep 4-6 hours in a row...

Kori said...

The lack of sleep is hard but it gets better! I'm glad Eliza started taking naps again also. We can't wait to meet little Coulson.

Brianna Tuckett said...

You have the cutest kids Emilee!! just precious :)

npk_techguy said...

Kids look great. Sleep is over rated. I am glad you are doing well.

Looking forward to your beach house in the spring.

Loni said...

So, I found your blog on Emily P's blog and I had to comment. Your little boy is cuddly-darling. Congratulations!! Your little girl is a doll, too. Good luck with the sleep.....ahhh, someday!