About Us

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chubby baby

We like to hug and kiss this chubby baby. 


Coulson had a check-up today and everything went well except for the crying after the shots.  The shots are always a bummer, but at least at this age they tend to calm down quickly and harbor no bad feelings for you and the nurse.  He weighs a whopping 18 pounds 2 ounces and is 27.5 inches long...he has sat on or above the 95th percentile since he was born.  I am starting to think my basketball belly Halloween costume is foreshadowing something. 
We just love to smother his fat little cheeks in kisses and make him laugh till he's red in the face.  I just love his little squeals, sometimes he is very ticklish, especially right before he sleeps.  If I barely touch him he just giggles and squirms...I just love it.  Enough already, I know, but I gotta record it for posterity!!
When everything is quiet in the house, I wonder what Eliza is up to and this is how I frequently find her.  She likes books more than me and gets really into the stories.  Whenever anyone in the book looks upset or sad she gets very concerned and says, "Baby cwying, baby kay?"  She also demands stories by pointing to the chair and saying with a furrowed brow and commanding tone "Sit down, now, na chair!  Read story!"  I promise I only use this voice, myself after the 8th time I have nicely asked her to do something.

4 comments:

Marti said...

They are so... adorable. I don't even have words to describe how adorable. I love them.

Maren said...

Eliza said to me today: "Baby da bed" when I asked her where Coulson was. It was pretty adorable and clear she loves her little brother.

ALYN said...

very cute! Madi hung out on the 95% for the first 6 months or so. I imagine Coulson will stay longer! His dad was a chubby baby. : )

Brianna Tuckett said...

Coulson is sooooooo cute!! I love his chubby cheeks :) There is a radio DJ up here that talks about how much she loves chubby babies. The chubbier the better is her motto and I tend to agree. Coulson is no exception. Just adorable!! Seeing Eliza sitting int the chair and loving books reminds me of your mom. What a sweet little girl she seems to be :)