About Us

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Merry Christmas!

 I LOVED our tree this year.  It was perfectly filled out, very fresh and just the right size.  There is something magical about a Christmas tree.

Christmas morning....



The only thing Eliza wanted for Christmas was ponies.  Done!  I cleaned up my ponies from when I was kid as well as got her some of the new generation.  She now has a whole herd!










Adelaide got a carton of sorting eggs.  She loves them!





She loves to eat them.


Coulson got a balance bike and was in heaven spinning its wheels on Cody's bike stand.  This boy...



I am so glad we have these pictures of the kids with pure joy in their faces on Christmas morning.  I hope they always remember this Christmas as one of happiness, giving and full of God's love.  I am glad you cannot see the way I felt on the inside.  I am thankful for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and the love of our Heavenly Father who sent Him to us as a helpless infant so that He could grow into a man and sacrifice His life so that we did not have to carry all of our pain, sin and sorrows by ourselves.  On Christmas Eve we were in a terrible car accident.  We were protected and received no harm but our car was totaled and we were emotionally shaken.  There were many miracles that day and I can see them now and am thankful for them.  I was beside myself and could not sleep at all that night because I kept reliving the accident. I felt so full of sorrow and fear for my little family's safety but we had to get ready for Christmas.  We soldiered on with the festivities and tried to make it a good day for the kids.  I struggled.  I prayed constantly.  I looked around me and found nothing of comfort, I had no tools to deal with it and no ability to think above it.  After much prayer and a blessing I felt a growing peace, a peace that could only come from a divine and all-powerful source, it came from somewhere outside of me and my thought process, it was a real and tangible power that brought comfort and peace to my troubled heart and mind.  I know that God is real, He is not a meme or some sort of narrative we have sold ourselves to make ourselves feel good.  He is literally the Father of our spirits and He knows us and somehow in His infinite goodness and mercy He loves each of us more than we could ever know.  Merry Christmas and may the Lord bless us and keep us all.

No comments: