About Us

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The grassy field

 After our Easter dinner we went to this grassy area we have lovingly nicknamed "the grassy field".  Living in a big city has its perks but I personally dream of living in the country with wide open spaces and lots of land.  I had a great childhood on our little street in the middle of farmland.  There was ample room to roam and explore.  I know Cody feels the same way about his childhood growing up on a fish hatchery in Cornville, Arizona.  I feel so bad for our poor little city kids, hopefully soon we can have a backyard so they can at least go outside whenever they want.  Anyway we like to pretend this grassy field is our backyard.

Sweet Adelaide in her chariot.

First order of business is to find a big stick.
 A tree star.  The kids are really into dinosaurs right now and love to read The Land Before Time.

 More silly faces.
 Walking on the steep slope by the ditch....
 Then he fell down and scraped himself up pretty good.
 After I took the picture of him screaming I helped him down and away from the steep hill.  He insisted on going back and trying again but without falling this time (his words not mine).  And he did.

 Showing off his scrapes.
 Looking for the mourning dove we kept hearing.
 Eliza loves to spot animals.


 The dove was on the branch right above her head and she wanted a picture with it.  Too bad it flew away when Cody set her up there.
 And then a duck flew over our heads and landed in the grass.  So they chased the poor thing all over the field.   (I got tired of editing.. these are all auto edited, sorry if they look super green or weird.)








The one thing we really, really miss about our old place is having huge green lawns and our garden spot right outside our door....but we love having a dishwasher, washer/dryer, 3 bedrooms, pool and jacuzzi, carpet!, white walls and air conditioning so we can't complain.  We will enjoy these 2 years here living in a hotel and make the most of it.

No comments: