This was a delicious dessert created by Emilee. It was a pie like crus
Instead, we will just tell you that we had a good week and now have 2 dining tables instead of none. We decided that we did not have many friends because we don’t invite people over and we don’t invite people over because we don’t have a table and chairs. If we wanted to eat dinner with these friends, where would they eat? At the coffee table? You may have noticed that we ate our romantic Valentine’s dinner at the coffee table, but we didn’t feel right making our friends do the same. We have been looking at Craig’s list but we had not found anything good until Friday night.
We found this great table that folds down and stores easily and has 6 drawers underneath. Anyway, we decided to get it and called the owner and set up a time later in the evening. Then we saw another one that was a table with 4 chairs and it looked perfect. We emailed the lady but didn’t get a response until we had returned with the folding one. So the next morning we bought the set because it was a smoking deal. We decided we could just resale the other table but we are kind of attached to it already. Emilee wants it for her ‘craft table’ and I admit it is a pretty cool table. So now Cody is thinking up all of these dinner ideas and people we can invite over. Unfortunately I have to cook… Emilee doesn’t believe me when I tell her that she is a great cook, and that whoever comes over for dinner will love her food. So maybe we will make some more friends now. 
Funny thing happened. I ran into an old roommate from U of A here. She lives here with her husband and just moved into our ward. Maybe we could have them over for dinner? Today we were catching up on all the people in Tucson. Small world.
And last week was my birthday. Thank you to everyone who called, left voice mails, text messages, sent cards and came to visit. It was a great day. Cody made me breakfast and gave me a pass to the rec center and a paper cutter (mine was cutting crooked, now we can’t have that can we?). It was sweet. I am going to swim for exercise and fun hopefully…I love to swim but it takes time because you have to go there and you get all wet and then you have to get back home and there is no parking and it is too far to walk. Cody took me on the shuttle and it seems easy enough so now I just have to do it! And that night we went and got fish tacos. Yummy!!!
This is my attempt at a delicious dessert. It consisted of an oreo crust filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream and topped with whipped cream (and a chocolate syrup smiley face). Emilee informs me that it is called Mint Delight.
7 comments:
I can vouch for Emilee's cooking - it is very good :-) I actually just bought some Mrs. Dash (actually that's a lie, I got my mom to buy me some when I was visiting)... because Emilee made these really good green beans when I was visiting before Christmas that had Mrs. Dash on them... and I wanted to impress people when I make them and pretend I came up with the combination on my own. Just kidding, I'll give credit where it's due.
I love these blogs. The food looks yummy. Sounds like you're all set to invite people to dinner. I tables and chairs look great. Hey, I also had some wonderful green beans in Georgia with Alyn and Nathan. I wonder if they had Mrs. Dash on them? I'll have to find out. So, now I'm anxious to try Emilee's. Hey Cody, the Happy Birthday song video was great. You are a good sport to sing solo and record it. What a guy!! Keep those blogs coming, I love them. Mom
Mrs. Dash and Greenbeans??? Can you sent me the recipe?
Back in the day, we had a large cardboard box with a drafting board on top, for our guests! (I was a bit embarrassed, but needed friends!) We've really enjoyed establishing the tradition of inviting people for Sunday dinner. (about twice/month) We tend to invite new people in the ward. Someone invited us when we were new. It meant so much to us when we didn't know anyone. And this way we get to know most of the new people in the ward. The few that invite you back tend to become good friends. Cody, feel free to cook. So Emilee isn't doing all the work.
The table looks IKEA. (My favorite store) Good score! That would make a perfect craft table. Folds out of the way when you're done!
Thanks for sharing your harmonious singing with us, Cody. You're a brave man!
With Love--
You guys have turned into quite the Craigs List gurus (sp). I think Emilee needs to share he recipes with us. I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Maybe you could put some good ones on your blog and we'll get them from there.
Here is Emilee's now-famous Mrs. Dash Green Beans Recipe: 1. Remove green beans from can. 2. Drain of 1/2 of liquid. 3. Heat in pot on stove. 4. Add Mrs. Dash and 1 tbsp of butter. MMM mmm good!!
Looks like you had a happy birthday and Valentine's. I miss you, Meemers!!!
Pampered Chef. I just love pampered Chef. I am sure that cake just tasted heavenly. I get so excited just thinking about pampered chef.
Post a Comment