Okay, so all but one of you is wondering where on earth we derived our title for this blog entry. Dad texted me and asked if we had seen any whales yet and I texted back that no we had not. And the title of the blog was his reply. I laughed out loud, it was the funniest thing I had heard all week. Cody and I say this to each other all the time now. Heck darn! I was telling my co-workers how much I love Arizona and they all thought I was crazy. I proudly defended the climate and the small towns. As I sung along with an Alan Jackson classic on the way home from work I realized that I am a hick and that's why I love Arizona so much. Shoot a mile!
Funny story. Cody wanted to go see Enchanted so I went with him. Just kidding. He suggested it because I loved it the first time we saw it. UCSD has a cheap movie theater that plays one movie Thurs and Sat at 6 and 9. So we went over there a few minutes before it started thinking there was no problem. Well to our surprise there was a big long line, I thought that there was no way all these people were waiting to see a Disney movie. Sure enough they were all talking about it in line and eagerly waiting to get their tickets. We went into the movie theater and the whole middle section was packed. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure Cody and I would be two of maybe 20 in the theater. The best part was the audience's reactions throughout the whole movie. At every funny part they roared with laughter and ooed and awed when there was a romantic scene. They even clapped at the end. We could not believe it. I think it is important to state once again that this occurred on a university campus (not BYU). I guess this movie is a big hit and I live under a rock. I thought I was the only one that liked it. I will not make any racial comments but I am wondering if there are any Asians left in Asia The movie theater was 90% Asians.
This week I had a pretty rough time in school. I won't bore you with the details. I'll just say that macs and pcs and Word 03 and Word 07 do not make a good combination when it comes to an online group project. And that some teachers are vindictive and give short answer quizzes with a limit of 100 characters per question where each question has 3 parts and builds on the previous; so if you don't know the answer to the first one, you are toast. I was toast, black-burnt toast. And of course the questions were taken from a few pages in the 200 we were assigned to read, and of course I only skimmed that section and read every word of the other sections. Near mutiny occurred in the wake of this dreadful quiz. Ok, I'm over it.
Still no whales. I thought I saw one blow today but I think I was imagining it because I want to see one so bad. It's kind of like when you are deer or elk hunting and every stump and bush and looks like the next world record.
To our horror we discovered today that La Jolla beach is a nudist beach to some loonies. Uuuggg! See the video at the end of this blog, but view with caution.
A joke from testimony meeting today (I think this was an autobiographical story from the testimony bearer): A tiny old woman who could barely see over the steering wheel was going really slow on the freeway so a cop pulled her over and asked her why she was going so slow. She said she saw that the speed limit was 25 so that was how fast she was going. The cop said, "No ma'am, that is the name of the highway, it is highway 25." The woman said "oh ok". Then the cop noticed the rest of the passengers were looking very white and scared. He asked her why they were looking so sick and if anything was wrong. The tiny old woman informed him that they had just come from Highway 195. HAHhahahahah.
Not to be self righteous but Emilee and I have been spending so much time in the temple. We went in the temple in February and came out in March. How many of you can say that? Okay, the reality is that our stake had a 24 hour temple marathon with Endowment sessions all night long. We went to the temple for the 11pm session on Friday the 29th of February (happy leap day by the way) and came out at 1am on Saturday the 1st of March. Pretty cool eh?
4 comments:
The old Student Union in Tucson had a movie theater like that. Where movie viewing is a participator sport! Always fun! Any dinner parties yet?
NAU has the a $2 theatre (Prochnow auditorium) to which I have gotten into for free about 90% of the time (once sneaking in and several times getting free tickets from an old roommate who worked for the theatre). But it seems that in the spring semester all of the movies they show are the recently released rated R ones, so I generally only go in the Fall.
There's also a theatre at the NAU library that shows really old, classic movies for free every Tuesday night. Most of the people who attend this theatre are retired couples who bring their own popcorn and extra cushions to sit on... even though the seats are padded. They say the funniest things too.
I you guys were afraid to watch the video. It was a joke, I really didn't film any nudists. It is just a video of a paraglider. Enjoy without fear.
I heard that that movie was good; I want to see it! We'll most likely be waiting until it comes out for rent, though, since we go to the movies about twice a year (if we're lucky).
Cool glider!
Post a Comment