Spring break came and went. Unfortunately I had my spring break one week and then Cody had his the next week. I drove Emilee nuts the whole week. She was trying to do school work and I just wanted to get out and do something. This will probably be his last spring break (ever)…and mine too!! I have applied for graduation and enrolled in my last semester of classes. If I don’t fail any of my classes this semester, summer and in the fall I will graduate in December. Yippeee!!!! I am so excited. I will graduate from a university I have never even been to…I love technology! I also got a new job. I am training to be a swim teacher and coach. It has been fun but a little intimidating. I am trying to get right in there and learn their techniques of teaching but it is harder than it looks. I am looking forward to this summer though. It will be fun. The kids are so cute and so eager to swim. The lady who founded the swim club uses a different method of teaching than the city. We teach the kids to tread water and doggie paddle with their heads above the water and then we get them to go on their stomach and swim. No underwater stuff. I think it is better. The focus at first is to get the kids water-safe, i.e. they can jump into any body of water, come to the surface, tread water and then go onto their stomach and swim to the side and get out. It makes sense.
During Cody’s spring break we went to
I thought: "cool! they have a pool!" uhhhh...this is the pool. Click on the picture to read the sign informing us that the pool is for pleasure and enjoyment, I guess not right now.
We found this at our campsite. What does it look like to you? Maybe some of you who lived in the 60's/70's could help us out.
We went camping for the sake of camping and it wasn't as exciting as we imagined. It was actually a little boring. I think I understand why as Diehl's our camping trips always had a fishing/hunting twist to them.
This week I'm starting in my next and hopefully last rotation lab. I'll be happy when I'm finally settled down in a lab and not starting in a new one every couple months. Until next time.
5 comments:
I think camping is more fun when you go with more people and plan some activities like hiking, swimming quad riding etc. Hopefully our camping trip in June will be good. You guys are coming right? Matt wants to know if you smoked the weed. Was it the only one growing there? Did you tell Emilee that wasn't your first time getting into poison ivy? At least someone didn't put it on you this time. That's what happened at boy scout camp if I remember right? I miss seeing you and I still haven't gotten to spend enough time with Emilee. What's your summer looking like. We'll come and sleep on your floor with our air mattress.Love,
Erin
Hey!
Is that marajuana? I really have never seen it. There are times that Dad has said "Do you smell that"? And supposedly it's marajuana too, but how would I know? I know you think I was a hippie from the 60's but I hope you now realize I led a very sheltered life and was a "good girl" So--what did you do with that little plant? I hope you pulled it up and stomped it. Also Cody you'd better get a picture of poison ivy and oak and then remember what they look like. Didn't you get another plant rash just a few years ago? Way after the scout camp incident? Oh, yeah Nathan's the plant expert in the family. So, to be honest you probably got your limited plant knowledge from me, sorry about that. Love to both of you Mom
Well we are not sure what it is but it sure looked suspicious and we were by a trailer park in California. I am sure there was a crop of it in a garden behind one of those trailers. I pulled out 2 or 3 of those little plants and threw them on the coals of our dying fire. Oops, i guess we did smoke the weed. That sounds really bad...
Smoking the Weed! That's hilarious! Also, Cody: I apparently didn't know what socal meant, and you didn't know what pinestraw is. You should've asked! It's now explained in my blog description.
Em, I am so glad that you left a post on my blog. I never got your email for your blog spot. I have been meaning to call you but after the last time that you called I didn't get your number saved into my phone. So when I went to call it wasn't there. How are things going? I love your blog it is really cute!!!
Post a Comment