We discovered a mountain biking trail in this little canyon in the middle of the city. It was so fun! We kept saying to ourselves, "Why have we not done this sooner?!" We had a great time. The trail is pretty during this time of year; there are green vines and oak trees all around (there is also a lot of poison oak, but luckily I have managed thus far to avoid it). It feels like nature except there is a highway very close (if you close your eyes and imagine real hard it sounds like a roaring river) and neighborhoods on either side. There are trails that branch off of the main road-like trail that we explored. One of the trails has just enough of a grade to get you going really fast and then you have to duck through all these trees and shrubbery. It was awesome! We forgot our camera unfortunately. But we had gone hiking there before and took some pictures so we’ll put some of those up to show you what it looked like.
We also discovered a fruit/vegetable/gourd whatever you want to call it.
I googled “green pokey plant in
The windows of heaven were opened up and blessings poured down on us in the form of financial aid. Soooo…we bought 2 round-trip tickets to
9 comments:
That's really awesome that your going to Sao Paulo in August!! I'm jealous, I would love to go to South America.
So Cody I haven't actually heard if you've recovered from the poison ivy a week or so ago? That is great that you two are getting to go to Brazil. How nice for your brother that you can be there for his wedding. I'm glad you didn't eat the toxic wild cucumber. Maybe you'd better invest in an edible plants book or something. You've been sending some really pretty pictures. Love Mom
I don't care how many places I go... I'll always want to go on more! Sounds greedy eh? Well maybe it is, but Brazil is definately on my list of places to visit if I ever have a good reason or enough money to do so. Lucky Diehls! (I almost said "dogs" but decided to use a well-used-but-still-new-to-Emilee pun).
Love-
Did I say "on more"? Uh... TO more perhaps? Guess that's what the "preview your comment" button is for...
Nice! That's exciting to go to Brazil. When? I'm still wondering if I'll EVER need my passport again. Didn't even need it for the mission!
I'm surprized you didn't eat that thing, Cody. Is there a map showing where the trail goes? How's the new lab, Cody?
"green pokey plant in California" lol. I agree with you about google and will add wikipedia if I may. Or you can always ask Pat.
I can't believe you are going to the wedding. I'm a little Jealous but can't wait to get a full report! Samantha
That is awesome that you guys will get to go to Pat's wedding. How fun!! Travel while you can. Once kids come it is a lot harder to travel. I love you!! Call me sometime
Wish we were going. Have fun. It would be great to go when we can have you and Pat^2 show us around.
Post a Comment