About Us

Monday, December 8, 2008

Here's a first person perspective video of Emilee's belly with our little wiggle worm practicing her gymnastics. Although this is by no means the first time Emilee has felt our baby moving inside her, this is the best video we've captured of the phenomenon. We've been trying to take a video of it for a while. And here is our best take. Enjoy :)


In other news: Last Friday I defended my research proposition and passed!! I've been working on this assignment since I joined my lab back in August. It was basically a mini grant proposal. Equivalent to a qualifying exam in many other graduate programs. In the which I had to describe and justify all the research I'll be performing for the remainder of my time as a PhD student. After writing the proposal I then had to present it and defend it in front of a committee of professors (some of which were world renowned experts on the topic) . They could ask me any question they felt I should know the answer to. Not only about my research, but about biomedical science in general. I've been stressed out about this exam for months, and now that it is over I feel very relieved. I was asked a few tough questions, but it could have been much worse. Once Emilee finishes up her online classes (and bachelor's degree) this Thursday we are celebrating!!! and focusing on getting ready for the arrival of our baby.

14 comments:

Megan said...

That is the coolest video! Sounds like you guys have a lot to be celebrating! Congratulations to all!!

Anonymous said...

That is great that you thought of filming that!

Erin said...

Isn't it the craziest thing when you can actually see the baby from the outside. We would play, "Name that body part." Very cool that you have a video. Congrats on passing your research proposition. That sounds very intimidating but you're a big smarty pants so of course you did well! Congrats also on Emilee finishing her bachelor's degree. Yeah for you guys!

jjediehl said...

What a great video, she really does look like quite a wiggle worm. We'll be thinking of Emilee this week as she finishes up the semester and her degree. Congratulations, I know both of you have been working very hard. It does sound like a stressful experience to do the research proposal. Good work. We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Take care, Love Mom Diehl

Jarom said...

That is insane!!!! I can't believe you have a little person moving inside you!

ALYN said...

I think she'll be a great Ballerina!

P.S. I know you've visited my Christmas card, as you're my only stalkers in La Jolla, so leave a note!

Congrats on the research defense, Nathan wants to talk to you, Give us a call sometime.

Kori said...

Feeling a baby move inside you is the weirdest yet coolest feeling in the whole world. Sorry Cody you can only enjoy from the outside. Enjoy being pregnant Emilee, it goes by quick. Oh, good job on your research proposal Cody, you'll have to tell me the details of your research sometime.

Life as a Greenstreet said...

Conrats to both of you! What a great semester for you, Emily. Graduating AND growing a person! You did okay too, Cody.

Richard and Chelsey said...

Isn't that the stangest feeling ever. It is still crazy to me how babies even fit in there. That is awesome that you got it on video. I can't wait for you to have your baby. Will you guys be at Pat's sealing at the end of the month?

The Nits said...

Congrats on getting school behind you! -Samantha

Jake said...

Congratulations to both of you! That's great news, both capturing the movement and successfully defending.

Crazy Babies said...

Wow Emilee! Your baby will be here soon!Its crazy what can happen in a few years huh....Im still getting the hang of this whole blog thing but i'll have pictures up soon....its great to see you! You look excited and so happy with your hubby...luv Carly

Mollie Lawrence said...

That is an amazing thing to share with us. Feeling a baby move like that is amazing:) Congrats both of you on your educational/research milestones!

Anderson Family said...

What great idea to record it! I'm sure she's gotten bigger now and can't move so much, just kick. Hopefully not at any vital organs! Nothing like getting beaten up by a little baby!