About Us

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Idaho Home

We spent a week in Idaho for my Grandma Zollinger's 90th Birthday bash and family reunion. It was wonderful! We drove up to the Salt Lake City area with Jarom and my dad where we met Pat and Patricia. We travelled all day and to our delight Eliza did wonderful. While in the area we visited with my Grandma Ellsworth. It was so good to see her again!
The next day we drove up to Idaho where the reunion was being held. We got to see lots of family, chase kids, fish, see and hear beautiful lightning and thunder storms, laugh and talk and just enjoy beautiful Idaho.

Cody brought his fishing pole and let all the kids cast and reel. They loved it!


I caught my first fish ever! It was exhilarating reeling it in but I just could not make myself touch it. Cody did all the dirty work for me.
The reunion and birthday bash were held at my Aunt Kathryn's house. Her family lives on a beautiful piece of land right by the Snake River. The picture below is of us on the edge of her lawn overlooking the creek that runs through their property and the Snake River.

It was so fun to see family and to watch my nieces and nephews play. Julie and Becky's kids just loved Eliza; they were so cute with her and would play with her every chance they got.

After the reunion Becky, Julie and I (and our families:) went down the street to my Grandma Zollinger's house and the dairy. We stayed a couple of nights in her house for old times' sake. Every summer we used to go to Idaho and spend a couple of weeks on the farm. I have many cherished memories from those trips. I was a whimp and could not work as hard as my cousins but it was fun to help them with their chores. We got to see all the cows and calves and watch them milk in the milking barn. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the way home Eliza learned to hold her bottle up. She did very well on the way home even though it was such a long way.


We went through Nevada on the way home and we were all surprised at how pretty northern Nevada was. Jarom took us on the Extra Terrestrial highway to try to see Area 51. The picture below is of Groom Lake road which leads up to Area 51. We did not go all the way since it was getting dark and we still had a long ways to drive. Some other time...

4 comments:

Mollie Lawrence said...

This is so fun! Road trips with a good baby make a great story:) Grandma & I LOVE the pictures. We can't believe how this little girl has cody's eyes!

Kori said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. How funny that Cody was the resident fisherman. I guess all those camping/fishing vacations as kids sunk in. That's awesome that Eliza did well in the car too.

jjediehl said...

I loved the pictures, thanks for sharing. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to see that Cody still has some fishing skills.Love Mom

Brianna Tuckett said...

Sweet trip! I love the pics! It has been really rainy up here the last three weeks or so, but I hope the weather cooperated enough to make your stay nice! I love Idaho! The next time you guys are up feel free to let us know! We'd love to hang out and meet Cody and Eliza in person :)