A few weeks ago I made our blog private. Something happened, I don't remember what, that made me decide blogs destroy community. I felt that in a world of blogs and social networking there is no need for human interaction. Instead of calling or visiting someone in my community, I could just look at their blog or on facebook to see how they were doing thus eliminating any human interaction. I decided to make our blog private and take mental note of the effects of a blogless life. Well.... In the month and a half that our blog was private, nothing really happened. Really. Nothing happened. This led me to conclude that blogs are actually conversation starters. Interesting. But this leads me to wonder if it is important to have a blog so that you are a part of the blog community and by extension your local community? It seems to be so, but should it be so? Shouldn't I have to leave my house to find out how my neighbor is doing? With all that said I have decided to make our blog not private just to see what happens and if anything changes. So read away, readers, and leave a comment if you wish. Perhaps blogs enhance community after all...
Changing the subject now. Yesterday we had a little photo shoot with Eliza. She did a lot of this...
And a lot of this...
And this...
And this...
We got one decent one.
I think the problem is our photography skills not her.
Last but not least my new favorite family picture!
11 comments:
Because you made your blog private I thought about making mine private. Mine isn't searchable by Google, so I feel safe enough that people have to find me through myself or through people that we both know.
If you guys ever want to come to New Hampshire you are totally welcome. We've got an extra room, an air mattress, and a pack 'n' play. Until then I'm glad we can keep in touch and see pictures of each others' cute babies and families.
I love the pictures of Eliza. She's getting so big. I think blogs are great for family you don't see all the time so you can keep updated.
I didn't realize it had gone private? A little sad that no invite was sent to me.... (although maybe it is becuase I am one of those silent readers).
I think my favorite ones were the tongue sticking out and the sassy face! It is a good family picture and she is wearing such a cute outfit!
That's interesting about going private. It probably depends on who is reading your blog. I definitely am getting to know people a lot better through blogging and it makes me more comfortable talking to them in person.
I love BLOGS, I don't really have local, community BLOGS that I check out, only Jesse and Mindy and they almost never update, so I guess it's good I do get to see them once in awhile. Those of you who live away from the Verde Valley. I love your BLOGS with pictures and news. It really helps us keep in touch with extended family (cousins, nieces, nephews etc. that we rarely see) Thank you for the news and pictures it makes keeping in touch a little easier. I do try to comment often so you know that I'm checking in once in awhile. Thanks again. Love Mom Diehl
I just want to pinch her chubby cheeks. She is such an expressive baby! And the family photo is adorable.
An Anthropologist and Social Media. What fun.
I wonder what giving up everything but snail mail would do to a person?
I LOVE the pic of eliza with her tongue sticking out! Way cute family, Emilee!!
Funny. I've been thinking of calling you. In fact, yesterday I almost called you on my walk with Emilee Jr. ;) But, then I thougt, well I can look at the blog and see how they're doing. Horrible, huh. Thanks for putting up that family picture - it's fantastic. I guess we need a family picture to show off. I'll have to try to do that.
You're such a cute little family!!! Are you going to be in Yuma for Thanksgiving this year?
Love the tounge pic.
Love the baby blue eyes.
And that is a great family picture!
As for blogging, I enjoy it. But it can eat up too much of my life if I'm not careful. So I haven't been reading many blogs lately. I check family, and those who leave comments. I know other people in my ward are reading my blog, but if they don't leave a comment, then I don't know. And it's not building our relationship. It's just one-way communication.
Thanks for Blogging, Em. I enjoy the glimspes of life in So Cal. And sweet little Eliza. And getting to know one of my sister-in-law's a little bit. (Which is always difficult from a distance...)
Post a Comment