About Us

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Since our last post...

Nothing too exciting has happened....but here are some random pictures highlighting the last few weeks of our lives.
Shopping with Eliza....not in a cart.



As someone on facebook said, "you Diehls have always been very efficient."  I think that sums this photo up quite nicely.

Anniversary dinner at Lucha Libre Gourmet Tacos.
Oh yeah, it was our anniversary Sept 7.  We celebrated the anniversary of our union by eating out at a Lucha Libre taco shop.  Interestingly enough lucha libre and Jack Black were a part of our budding romance in the good ol' days in Tucson.  Having our anniversary dinner in a brightly painted place that paid homage to muscley Mexican men in tights and masks was hilariously fitting.  The food was good too.

Eliza's newest fluffy friend that she loves to squeeze.


I finished my first quilt.  It was very hard work and I learned so much that I don't know if I have it in me to ever make another one.

I have also been doing some serious nesting.  I have made baby boy blankets, appliqued onesies, felt books and I go to the store about every other day for "essentials".  Our fridge, freezer, and cupboards are overflowing with food in preparation for a "long winter".    Baby clothes are washed, folded and put away, teeny tiny diapers are in the diaper drawer, the car seat is washed and ready to go, the baby diaper bag is packed, and we got a double stroller and have even taken it out on a spin.  And I had an awesome baby shower where everyone's generosity helped me get even more prepared for this little boy.  Now we just wait a couple of weeks...


5 comments:

Marti said...

I always liked hiding in the clothing racks too. But I usually sat down in the middle of them when I was sick of shopping to hide from my mom who was embarassed that I would sit on a dirty store floor.

ALYN said...

@ Marti, how old were you sitting on the dirty store floor? : )

Emilee, glad to hear about all your projects, I'd love to see some cute baby stuff! 3 more weeks. Home Stretch!

Kori said...

I'm impressed with all your preparations. I was going to ask what you needed. Hang in there, we're excited to meet this new little Diehl. What kind of stroller did you get?

jjediehl said...

Eliza did remind me of my children hiding in the clothes racks. The nose/finger picture is too funny. I too would like to see some of the cute baby things you've received. The quilt is beautiful. I'm not surprised, you make wonderful things. Our other family members have all LOVED the things you've made for them. So excited to meet that new little boy soon. Love Mom Diehl

Brianna Tuckett said...

WOW! It sounds like you've gotten A LOT done! Good job! :) I love the pic of Eliza "getting the job done" with BOTH fingers! Too cute :) Oh and Happy Anniversary! So how long have you two been married now?