About Us

Friday, April 22, 2011

April Flowers part 2

My poppies (oops, I typed poopies first :) finally bloomed.  I planted a bunch of seeds a while ago and the poppies are the only ones that sprouted and grew.  I am so proud of them, they are so pretty and they remind me of Arizona.  Too bad the rest of the garden is overrun with weeds and looks hideous.  I am giving up on seeds.  Tomorrow I am going to get more starter plants to add to the thriving tomato, chard and bell peppers.  I am excited it is spring and there are beautiful flowers all around, the days are longer and brighter and everything just seems so happy.

In other news, Eliza is doing a fantastic job of keeping her little panties dry and clean.  She has been in panties since Wednesday and has had a few accidents but I think she gets the picture.  It is so funny to hear her exclaiming from the bathroom: "I go pee-pee in the potty!!" and "I go poo-poo in the toilet!  In the toilet!" and she is genuinely thrilled.  I am genuinely thrilled.  We clap and do a dance and she is just beaming.

Coulson has started rolling front to back and back to front and he has gotten 2 little bottom teeth in the last 2 weeks.  When he was so sick, it was almost like he was a newborn again and I think I forgot that he is almost 6 months old.  Now that he is all better it took me totally off guard to see him rolling around and then to see two little teeth poking through his gums.  I am so thankful he is better, it was really scary and stressful there for a while. 

Oh and the whole reason I was posting today was to share my new blog with you!  Click here!  It is called Tales of an Aspiring Family Historian...aka me.  I am really getting into family history and I want to share all the cool things I find with everyone.  I hope that this blog will inspire readers to do their own family history as well as help me in my research.  Read my post What's in a name to see what got me into family history.  I will be posting fun historical tidbits and tips for doing family history so subscribe and stay tuned!

2 comments:

Brianna Tuckett said...

The poppies are sooooo pretty!!! We aren't seeing many flowers up here yet, but I am SO looking forward to planting flowers :) Good job on the family history! I'm excited to see what you find and "catch the fever" that's definintely something I need to work on :)

John and Kori said...

Good job Emilee on the potty training or should I say Eliza? No, the mom does most of the work. Love the flowers.