About Us

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Happy Easter!!

On Saturday we participated in an egg hunt put on by our housing association but we were 5 minutes late so we missed the entire egg hunt.  I don't think they even hid the eggs.  I think they just tossed them out on the lawn and all the kids made a mad dash and scooped them all up in 30 seconds.  Oh well.  It was fun anyway.  Eliza loved playing on the playground.  Later in the evening we went down to a little play area and hid some eggs for her and she loved it.  She is very observant and quite patient for her age so she hunted and found all the eggs with little help from us.  It was fun watching her little face light up when she spotted an egg.



Our little egg hunt came to an abrupt end as panic filled Eliza's face and pee wet her pants.  We started for home and Cody tried to carry her but she insisted on walking the whole way home like this:



For Easter Sunday I got Eliza and Coulson new outfits for church...this is one of those Easter traditions I like because I think it means much more than the others.  We celebrate the fact that after Christ gave His life for us, He took up his body again and it became clean and perfect, so we put on our new Sunday dress as a symbol of this resurrection.  All will be made whole through Christ, what a miraculous and wonderful thing.  And this means we can be with our families forever in our clean and perfect resurrected bodies, thanks to our Savior.
After church my dad and my brother Jarom came to our house and we had dinner together and enjoyed the evening hiding eggs for Eliza and watching Patrick bathe his new baby on Skype (oh, the joys of technology).  It was so great to have family here!  I miss my family so much and I hardly ever get to see them or talk to them so it was really fun even though it was only a few hours.

5 comments:

Janny said...

I am glad that you explained the symbolism of buying new Sunday clothes for Easter. Until now, I was sure that it was just another way to commercialize a holiday. BTW Love the video.

The Eagar Boones said...

I am with Janny, I never understood why the new church clothes especially for boys, but maybe I will consider doing it next year. She is a doll and I am so glad dad and jarom came for Easter dinner. Wish I could have too.

ALYN said...

Thanks for the chuckle. That video was fun. Way to go Eliza wearing underpants, anyhow.

Marti said...

Adorable.

Erin said...

How are you not laughing as you're filming that video! So funny! Good job on taking the underwear leap. It's a big leap of faith! I also hadn't heard the spiritual interpretation of new Easter clothes. I like it- gives me a reason to continue a tradition I always liked anyway!