About Us

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Love, love, LOVE!
I made him a special tie for Father's Day that has Eliza and Coulson's hands stitched onto it.  I was worried he would think it was dorky....but he didn't think it was (at least he didn't say so:) and proudly wore it today!
I figured out that I could make cinnamon rolls the night before and put them in the fridge, take them out the next morning, let them rise and then bake them....wonderful!  Cody was thrilled about this even more than me!  We love our "Daddy" so much.  He is the best Dad! 
We had stake conference today so we had a nice morning munching on cinnamon rolls, then went to conference and we were home by 12:30.  Awesome!  We got Eliza a new car seat and moved Coulson into hers.  Now they have a very close, unobstructed, hands-on ride.  Luckily they were laughing and giggling at each other.  Coulson still loves her to pieces and does not get annoyed yet....

Happy Father's Day to our fathers!  You are both wonderful men that have given us a solid foundation.
This is my dad NOT having a beard while working at BYU just after he graduated.  If you haven't seen that clip from Jimmy Fallon, click here to watch it.  It is hilarious!  There are so many "that's my dad" stories about my dad that I can't even think of one in particular.  He is the life and light of our family and has kept us on our toes all of our lives.  We love him so much and appreciate his spirit and example.


Moving on to the kiddies....

Eliza likes to put everything "to sleep" and make them "all comfy-cozy".  Those are finger puppets tucked into a burp rag.
 The other day she saw the camera, snatched it up and handed it to me, then she stepped back and said "Take me picture!  Take me picture!"  I told her to smile and then I took this gem! (photo above)  She is just too pretty.  She is really starting to develop a sassy little personality and we are knee-deep in terrible two attitude. 
Our first zucchini!  Some of our plants have blossom end rot so I put some powdered milk in the soil and I'm making sure each plant gets watered evenly so hopefully we won't lose too many more (I've already pulled off and thrown out about 10).  But thank goodness they are zucchini this year and not that yellow crook junk!!
Coulson has finally gotten the hang of eating baby food!  He likes fruit mostly, of course, but he also likes the yellows.  He sat up unassisted in the tub last night for the first time.  Every time I try to sit him up he lunges forward and eats his toes or grabs a toy.  He has absolutely no interest in just sitting there.  He likes to roll around and grab everything.  He is such a sweet baby!!!  We love his big eyes and infectious laugh!

Here are some pictures I forgot to post last time:
 At the zoo!
At the Fathers + kids campout

4 comments:

jjediehl said...

I love the tie. Emilee you are so creative. Happy Father's Day Cody. Love Mom

Brianna Tuckett said...

What a neat idea for the tie Emilee!! Way cool! I LOVE the pic of Eliza popping up through the whole by the sea lion :) Her face is too cute!! Both of your kids are so adorable!! :)

ALYN said...

I just can't help thinking about what the tie will look like when you have 5 kids. Very wide and long! : ) Such a cute tie. Great post.

Kori said...

Whoa, Alyn's creative high expectations for you Emilee! I love the tie as well. Cody's such a proud papa.