About Us

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fun in July

It has been so hot lately!!  We needed a good swim to cool off.

The kids loved it...but not so much when I dunked them though.  I am sorry to say they have had very little practice at swimming.  In the picture above Eliza is holding onto Coulson's foot because I let go of her tube.  She is cautious but loves the water.  And Coulson was kicking and splashing the whole time.  I think he will be our little fish.

We found a maracuja (passion fruit) vine.  The picture above is the blossom.  I had never seen a maracuja flower before...it was pretty exciting when we figured out what it was.  Pretty wild flower!

Yesterday we went to the nighttime zoo.  It was great fun.  Eliza loved feeding the goats the remnants of grass from the ground.  She saw someone else doing this and immediately did it too.  It was so fun to watch her get so excited about it. 




We couldn't take our big, fat double stroller on the skyfari so we just borrowed a double stroller when we got off on the other end.  We snapped the picture below because we thought it was funny how Coulson had slipped down so much and Eliza was holding on to his hand trying to help him.  It was pretty cute watching them hang on to each other as they slid around in this plastic stroller.  We were out pretty late but they both did really well and had lots of fun.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ALYN said...

We saw one of those flowers on a street near campus in Missouri, I believe. It's quite an intricate flower!

The kids look darling. Loving Eliza's curls. : )

jjediehl said...

Looks like they were having fun! I'm looking forward to our visit. xxxooo Grandma

The Eagar Boones said...

I can't believe Eliza fed the goats so calmly. It always amazes me when people can do that. I still get jumpy when animals mouths get close to my hand. It looks like you are having fun.

Malerie said...

So fun. Your kids are adorable! We've been going to the pool, too, and I'm afraid we've done very little in the confidence department for swimming with Madeline...we've got our work cut out for us.

Kori said...

You can come swimming with us when you come visit next! Spencer loves it and Tanner is still pretty scared but we go anyway.