About Us

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My bookshelves...

I found some tall skinny bookshelves in the laundry room (that is where people leave stuff they want to give away) and I got it in my head that I needed to paint them and put them in my living room.  So I did...

Here is a before shot:




 After:



I had fun doing it even though it took longer than I thought it would and cost more than I thought it would.  I think I spent about $50 on primer, interior paint, sand paper, foam roller, paint container, molding, wood putty and fabric.  I did 2 tall bookcases and one rocking chair and I got each piece for free so I think that is pretty good.  

5 comments:

The Eagar Boones said...

How fun. I love seeing what others do and think I can do that and I really can't. Don't have the eye. I am painfully trying to remodel my bathrooms and that is taking forever because I can't decide on a paint color! I really want to do my kitchen, want to come help???!!

Kori said...

Those look awesome Emilee! It would have cost a lot more to buy them new.

Brianna Tuckett said...

I love the molding! It makes it look really elegant and expensive. So did you just use fabric to back the bokkshelf? Great idea! It looks GREAT!! :)

The Smack Family said...

I love it too!!! I want to see pictures of the rocking chair. I think you scored big time.

ALYN said...

I think it looks awesome. I'm always dreaming of doing stuff like that. Way to seize the day. Like I said, they look very stylish. I dream of shelves, dressers, dining table, etc...