Since I last wrote, I took a trip up to Colorado to stay with my sister and her family and help with their new baby. It was just me and I was nervous and 5 days was starting to seem like a very long time as I kissed my babies good-bye. My trip there was uneventful and I had a blast with my sister. I don't know how much of a help I really was but it felt so good to be there with her. She has always been there for me. She has flown out several times to be with me for significant life events and has helped me in so many ways. I finally got to do something for her and I loved every minute of it. I even got to take the first night shift with the baby a couple of times so she could sleep. I can finally say that I am grateful for those sleepless nights with my newborn babies, it is tough, but I have been through it so it was a pleasure taking that first shift while she slept. I was sad to leave this wonderful family but I was missing my babies and I am sure Cody was ready to have me home. He said the hardest part was church...hahahhahhahhahhahhhahha! I have to do it every week! I didn't feel bad for one single second.
The next week Cody took off for New York for a scientific conference. He was gone a whole week and it was tough; I realized that I really, really, really look forward to the evening when I see him pull up to our back porch on his bike. I literally breathe a sigh of relief and relax my shoulders a little (even though he probably can't tell). We missed him but tried to have some fun too. To reward ourselves for surviving the week without Cody, we went out to eat at Chipotle (what was I thinking?!) and then we got frozen yogurt at golden spoon. Eliza was in heaven. After our dessert we went into a pet shop and saw lots of fish, birds, cats and dogs. Eliza loved it. I may have been slightly delusional to think this little outing would be relaxing for me. It was fun anyway.
Cody came home from his conference with lots of pictures and presents for us. It was so sweet of him.
In May we took 7 photos on our "real" camera and they were all slight variations of this:
Isn't he cute?! Let me tell you, this kid can be the cutest little angel one minute and then drive me crazy the next. He is such a boy. I am really having to adjust. Boys are just different than girls. I posted something on facebook about this....sorry for the redundancy. He loves to be outside pushing things, throwing everything and splashing in every liquid he can find. I am realizing why you never find any clean, used boy clothes. They DESTROY every article of clothing they wear... the sooner I accept this as reality the happier I will be. Here's to hoping I can accept this soon. There is just something about stained clothing that really irks me.
I have recently learned to knit. I love it! It was surprisingly easy once I finished my first scarf. This is my latest project in the making:


1 comment:
Embrace the stains...they are still clean, right!
Post a Comment