Our good friend Richard and his wife Allison came to visit for Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time and enjoyed the sand and sun with them. Allison did a great post all about it here. I am so glad they came!
We spent some time at the Shores even though it was pretty cold on Saturday.
Coulson was really enjoying burying Richard's legs and throwing sand at him. Richard looks kind of annoyed. Sorry Richard. I tried to keep him away.
We went out to eat at Anthony's. It was pretty cool to be right on the water but I found a big, black hair in my pasta, so I can't honestly say I like the place. We had a good time anyway.
We walked along the harbor and down into Seaport Village.
Seaport village. It was good day in San Diego!
On Monday the weather was perfect!! We had a super fun time at the beach and kayaking! I was so nervous, it made me realize that I don't get out much. Everyone else was calmly taking their kayak out into the water and jumping the waves. I may or may not have screamed once or twice as these monster waves suddenly appeared out of nowhere and smacked me in the face. I was yelling at Cody to paddle faster before the wave rolled us over. We finally made it past the surf and I calmed down a bit. We paddled out to the sea caves and looked at the sea lions and enjoyed the scenery and then headed back to shore. Coming back in we rode a wave and that was super fun. When we got out of the kayak, we were so happy that we started jumping up and down, giving each other high fives like we had just won a million bucks. It was a blast. We need to get out more.
We had such a good time with our friends. Thanks for coming to visit!




No comments:
Post a Comment