About Us

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A trip to Huntington Beach

My brother Joe sent me a text earlier in the week telling me that he would be in Huntington Beach for a few days that week.  I wasn't sure if we would be able to make it since Cody had to work and it would be 1.5 hour trip just to hang out for a couple of hours.  But...after a 5 minute conference call with Joe and Jarom, we decided to meet up.  And I am glad we did.

The only pictures I have are from Cody's phone and they are blurry.  Sorry.

 Eliza calls her goggles "googly eyes" :)  We went swimming in the hotel pool which was just a few hundred yards from the ocean.  The pool was a little chilly but we warmed up in the jacuzzi.  I raced Joe and he beat me by a foot.  I demand a rematch at the family reunion!

After the kids' lips turned purple we decided it was time to get out and dry off.  Here is Coulson relaxing after our swim.  I am so pleased they love the water. Joe treated us to some yummy room service on Boeing's dime.  Thanks Joe!

Jarom always trying to show them a good time...
It was so fun to see family.  I am so glad we got together. 

On an unrelated note...

This picture shows what our days are like sometimes:


We have also been getting tons of delicious blackberries from our garden!

4 comments:

Marti said...

I love the picture of Coulson chilling out on the bed. He's such a cool kid

ALYN said...

Those berries look Diehlicious! Love the cute pics of the kids, and I'm so impressed by your knitting!

That's great that you were able to go help your sister, I'm sure she really appreciated it. And I'm glad you survived while Cody was gone. Those conferences sure make me appreciate my husband, and all he does.

jjediehl said...

Love seeing the pictures of the kids. They make me smile. We can all relate to the ticycle and car picture. Glad you were able to see a couple of your brothers. Love, Grandma

Darby Family said...

I love the picture of Eliza and Coulson on their bikes. So funny! We cannot wait to see you in a few days. Kate will die when she sees Eliza again. Kate misses her so much.