About Us

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Yosemite, Day 3

Coulson in the morning.  I think he was wearing so many layers of clothing he couldn't move so he slept very well.  Eliza was actually still asleep in these pictures.  Maybe I was too.  Coulson became quite attached to that blue flashlight.  He always had it in his hands.

Here is our camp...
 And our car that Cody so carefully packed.  We have been collecting stuff from REI used gear sales so it was fun to finally use it all.

On our way out we stopped by another grove of giant Sequoia that was right by our campsite but the .8 mile trail was a little too much for us that morning so we just kept driving.  We stopped at Bridalveil Fall.  Coulson fell asleep in the car so we took turns hiking the 1000 ft paved trail.

At the base of Bridalveil Fall.  Self portraits.
 I was pretty proud of myself that I got Eliza and I centered in the picture with the falls in the background just by holding out the camera in front of us:

 Tunnel View.  (Above and below.)  There were a few tunnels through the granite mountains.  When you come out of this last tunnel it is a spectacular view of the valley....
 Another panoramic from Cody's phone.

On our way home we stopped at Jamba Juice and Pizza Hut.   It was incredibly hot in Oakhurst.
Coulson slept for an hour in between seeing Bridalveil Fall and Tunnel View at about 12 noon and then did not sleep a wink until we stopped in LA for dinner and put them in their pajamas at 7:30pm (after which he fell asleep for the night within 3 minutes).  It was a looooooong drive.  Since it was the 4th of July, we got to see some LA fireworks and then bits of the cities' fireworks shows all the way down to San Diego.  We drove by the fairgrounds just in time to see their show and then looked out into the distance to see 3 big orbs of bright light on the horizon which we later learned was the Big Bay Boom in 18 seconds.

3 comments:

ALYN said...

I'm just loving this story. I like the reflected Yosemite brochure? in one picture also!

Brianna Tuckett said...

It looks like you guys had a pretty fabulous trip! that panoramic view is absolutely GORGEOUS!! :)

Janny said...

This looks like it was a blast! I'm so glad you guys were able to go and have so much fun!