Next we went to my sister Becky's house. She lives in Eagar. I felt bad because Coulson and Addie were coughing so much but she said we should come anyway. She showed us a great time. She gets fresh cow's milk every week and makes her butter from the cream. She let me do it. All you do is put the cream in a jar and let get to room temp, then you just shake it for about 8 minutes until the butter forms.
Then you pour off the milk roll the butter into a ball and wash it with water to wash off the excess milk. Then you just put it in the fridge. I was very impressed. She made us so many yummy things to eat while we were there.
We also went sledding. It was so fun. Kimball had a close call but was thankfully ok.
I love you Becky!
Next we went to Mesa/Phoenix. We met up with my old roommates and very best friends, Janny and Desi and their families. We ate lunch and chatted and it was way too short and I didn't get any pictures. We stayed the night at Erin's house. Addie threw up during dinner all over Cody, and then a couple more times later. Then Coulson threw up in the night and the next morning. I almost lost my mind. They were coughing so much and throwing up, I was really worried and very embarrassed to be at someone else's house. Erin was so sweet about it though. I felt so terrible nonetheless. We were supposed to stay another day but we decided we better just go home. We drove home on the coldest day of the year and saw snow in the Laguna mountains on the way home.
Coulson was having a really hard time, poor thing. He was so exhausted and sick and miserable and we all suffered. Right when we got into town we took them to Urgent Care. Just a cold, they'll be fine. It may seem ridiculous but having a dr listen to their lungs, check their oxygen levels and then tell me they would be fine was all I needed. We went home and slept a full night in our own beds, we were all so happy to be home. Coulson was fine within a couple of days.
While in Cornville we used some pallets Cody's dad had in his work area to make a headboard. When we got home we put it together and stained it.
We love it.









No comments:
Post a Comment