About Us

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

What I really mean to say is Happy Mom's Birthday!!!! Tonight for FHE we wrote letters to Mom and tied them to 3 helium balloons, went to the top of the parking garage and let them float up to the heavens. And I made a green cake. What would Mom's birthday be without a green cake?? I hope you all had a good day and remembered happy mom moments. I sure did.



This is from the top of the parking garage. Do you spy the temple spire and angel Moroni?

3 comments:

John and Kori said...

I like the songs you chose for your playlist! I'm a big country fan too. Did you know that John played on the guitar and sang Bless the Broken Road when he proposed? I love the green cake too. Oh, Emilee I tried your green bean recipe with the Mrs. Dash, it was great!! - Kori

Lisa said...

We did balloons as part of FHE too. The kids wrote notes on their balloons with a sharpie. This morning I found them by the window looking at the sky wondering where the balloons were. Then Nathanael asked me how the balloons actually get to heaven. I struggled to explain that it's the thought that counts. Five year olds are just so very literal! Chao.

Leah said...

That's a great idea. Such a special day.