About Us

Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Reunion, Diehl Style

The Diehl family campout took place in the beautiful mountains near Flagstaff. We saw lots of elk, ate good food, got lost in the wilderness (good thing Cody has a homing device built into his noggin and got us home after hiking about 10 miles.), played Scum with a 7-year-old who kicked all of our tail-ends, went potty in the woods or the trailer, got chiggers that are still itching (thanks to the "death walk"), ate dirt (just some of us), went on the quad (that was my favorite part), and had a good time!

Here is a picture of some of the elk we saw. See the bull?
The group of hikers on a little hike. This was before Cody, Marti and I separated from the group to find Oak Creek Canyon which was always just over the next ridge...

Charlie!

Spencer and Lia. And this is after their baths.

The white rabbit (aka Oak Creek Canyon).

The kiddos! (All of the Diehl grandchildren)
Minus Shawanda, who is still in Erin's belly.


Oops don't know how that photo slipped onto our blog.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Spencer and Lia especially. You finally guessed the name just make sure to spell it with a C Chawanda. You guys were gone forever on that hike- I'm glad we didn't join you.

ALYN said...

What is the deal with that woman in the last picture. I can't figure out what she's trying to express...

BTW, I'm going to link to all your blogs when I write about the campout.

Chawanda is tame. I think you could name her Shaniqua or Jaquida or Imani. All names at Barnett Shoals Elementary, I might add.

Kori said...

I LOVE your sense of humor Emilee!! Thanks for putting up with all us Diehl sisters too, your guys are the best!!

Marti said...

Shawanda! Ha! I must admit to laughing long and hard at that. Good one Code. I vote for Shanaynay... or Chanaynay if we must.

Erin said...

Let me say that it is a good thing I am not taking a vote on the baby's name. Very creative siblings.