About Us

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fourth of July

The weather did not cooperate too well for the fourth of July weekend. As you can see it was cloudy and foggy and the ocean was very turbulent. I doubt our guests noticed that the weather wasn't ideal, they couldn't stop mentioning how nice it was outside. We only got to see a few seals swimming in the water. Usually the beaches and rocks have several seals and sea lions laying out and basking in the sun.

Polar bears eat lettuce??? Apparently. After watching them devour whole heads of romaine lettuce, the only conclusion I could come to was that it must be light and tasty (and tasteless?) to them. Maybe that is how they stand the heat... a nice and light no blubber diet.

Lazy days for the world-famous panda bears at the San Diego Zoo. This is kind of how I feel these days...by the way I got a job! I am so excited!

Here kitty, kitty, kitty.

Gotta love those giraffes! Don't we look excited.

Spencer!

Kori and John came to visit over the long 4th of July weekend. We went to La Jolla shores and the zoo. We saw animals in the wild and behind bars, we ate some really good pizza that I still sometimes think about (mmmm...), we hung out, played games, and watched fireworks from the top of our parking garage. Fun, fun.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Spencer looks so big in that picture! ... not fat though... never fat.

Kori said...

Don't forget if you ever want to give/loan us that wooden truck I will pay you top dollar. Hours of entertainment of a 14 month old is priceless you know.