About Us

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cody's Two Cents

Last night as part of family home evening Emilee and I set out to post about Christmas and whale watching. Emilee normally uploads the pictures and writes the post and then I add my commments after she is done. In the end I fell asleep before she was done and didn't get to add my two cents....so here it is.



First about Whale watching...I wish you could have been there to see Emilee's reaction when she spotted the whales: As Emilee mentioned, last year we went whale watching A LOT and never saw anything. Then after our first 30 minutes of whale watching this year we spotted a whale! I was standing next to Emilee using bionoculars to scan the ocean for whales, when all of the sudden she yells and hits me (and almost knocks me over), I immediately thought her water had broke or something, but no, she had spotted a whale water spout. It is an understatement to say she was excited. Below is a picture taken by timer of us whale watching, and we amazingly captured Emilee in the moment of spotting a whale water spout (can you see the excitement on her face?). This is pretty amazing, because the whales only come up for air every 5 - 20 mintues.



Also, I have to mention that my mom gave us our wedding quilt this Christmas. It is awesome! We love it. Thank you Mom for all the work and love you put into making this quilt for us. We are going to cherish this quilt for ever!! Below is a video, so that you all can admire (be jealous of) our quilt.

9 comments:

ALYN said...

That's a fantastic pic of Emilee! I hope see similar excitement on your face when the baby is born!

Also, how did you do that fastforward bed making video, because I got a duvet cover for Christmas that I have yet to show off...???

Kristen said...

That is a great picture Emilee!

So, do you guys know the background of wedding quilts? I thought it was a Utah thing when Mike's parents gave us ours, bc I had never seen it before (and I haven't since, until you mentioned it).

jjediehl said...

Thank you for the compliment. I'm so glad you finally got your quilt. It looks very nice on your bed. I loved the whales story. How nice to finally see them. I was excited about seeing the dolphins when we were there in August. Take care. Love Mom Diehl

Life as a Greenstreet said...

That is a great picture and a great quilt. I really love those colors!

Kori said...

I can attest to how hard mom worked on that quilt. I love mine too. I think that little baby girl that's coming soon will have one soon. Cool whale shots also.

The Eagar Boones said...

First, I love your quilt. Second, was that really Cody the bed and so neatly too? Wow I am impressed!

Anderson Family said...

Gorgeous quilt! And I agree, are you sure Cody made the bed? Although it's not like Emilee could easily sneak in right now.

Emilee should have been so excited, that's so neat to see that. And if she almost knocked you over for a whale, you bette brace yourself for when her water does break!

Erin said...

That's awesome you caught that expression. I like the fast motion bed making. You are a good bed maker Cody. I got to quilt a few blocks on their but not too many. I'm glad you like it. Mom's almost done with quilt making for weddings anyway.

Mollie Lawrence said...

Whale Watching! That's too fun! Great picture of the excitment! Love the quilt too! That was the fastest bed making EVER!
That was more than 2 cents...but we enjoyed it!