About Us

Monday, July 13, 2009

Fantastic Fourth

For the 4th of July we decided to take a trip to Arizona to surprise the grandparents. All of Cody's siblings were in on the surprise so we were able to really surprise them. We had planned to give Eliza to Erin before the grandparents arrived to see how long it would take them to realize Erin was holding Eliza and not Charlotte. Unfortunately Eliza did not take a good nap that afternoon so she crashed on my shoulder at 6pm right before the long-awaited surprise. It was still a fun surprise.

Erin and Matt made a delicious dinner and we saw a great fireworks show to celebrate Independence day. I was missing the cool ocean breeze of CA as we walked along Tempe Town Lake to see the fireworks. It was 9:30pm and it was still over 100 degrees and I was sweating and Eliza's cheeks were red. When I took Eliza out of her carseat the back of her shirt was soaked with sweat. I had already forgotten what it was like in the summertime in S. AZ. I am ashamed to admit that I complained the whole time just like everyone else who is spoiled by a beautiful summer climate and then comes to S. AZ in the summer and whines the whole time...

Eliza and Charlotte meeting for the first time. Eliza is huge.

Granddad Diehl and his favorite granddaughter :)

Happy Birthday Grandpa Diehl!

We even got to see the blessing of Tanner. Here he is looking suspiciously at his uncle Jesse.
The grandkiddos at Grandma and Granddad's having a splendid time.
We took Eliza for a dip in the creek...she did not like it too much but she sure did look cute in her little tankini!
Since Grandma did not have her hands full enough with Alyn's kids, we left Eliza with her during one of her naps and went on a hike. We hiked a tiny part of West Fork. It was very beautiful. We saw this interesting rock staring at us as we sat enjoying the peace of the great outdoors.

We had a wonderful time visiting family and enjoying the delights of Cornville.

To see the full album of pictures from our trip click here.

6 comments:

Michael said...

I think that rock is a stone replica of ET.

Mollie Lawrence said...

ahhhh....great grandma is sad that she didn't get to meet her while you were here!
It's great to see you guys all had a great time together, it's a rare occassion that all the grandkids get to meet when the siblings live out of state!
Thanks for sharing the great pictures, hope we get to see you for the reunion of grandma allen's 100th birthday in September.

jjediehl said...

We loved having you. We will babysit whenever you want. Thanks for the great visit. Love Eliza's Grandma

Erin said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Eliza is so much fun! I'm glad we finally got to meet her. She looks adorable in her tankini. I can't believe how close in size they are. I guess a few months apart doesn't make that much difference now that Charlotte has slowed down on the growth thanks to crawling.

Kori said...

We're glad you braved the heat and came to see us, especially for Tanner's blessing. That picture of me isn't the greatest but oh well.

Mollie Lawrence said...

WOAH!the rock is staring at you! missed that before.