About Us

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Missão Belo Horizonte Leste

My mission president and his wife returned from Brazil a couple of weeks ago, so we had a mission reunion at their house in Encinitas to celebrate their return. Two sisters I served with came down from Utah (along with their husbands) for the occasion and stayed with us. It was such a blast! Even though we had been separated for years, it was like no time had passed at all and we picked up right where we left off. Seeing mission pals brought back many memories of the cobble stone roads up steep hills and all the people, all those Mineiros (the people of the state of Minas Gerais) and Brasileiros (Brazilians) that have a special place in my heart. We spent the weekend reminiscing and telling stories. We partied on Saturday and then went to church on Sunday to hear President and his wife speak. They gave great talks that made me think of the many wonderful zone and district conferences we had. At the very end all the missionaries from the BH Leste mission that were in attendance stood on the stand and sang our mission anthem (Called to Serve in Portuguese with a couple of extra verses). While singing the words to that familiar anthem, I felt something I have not felt since my mission, it was awesome. By the end we were all in tears.

3 comments:

Janny said...

How fun! I am sure it brought back tons of mission feelings. That is great that you got to be there to see your mission president come home.

Kori said...

That's really cool Emilee. I've attended one mission reunion but its been about 4 years.

jjediehl said...

Great story and picture, thanks for sharing. I love hearing mission stories and feelings. Love Mom Diehl