About Us

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Teething...

A couple of weeks ago Cody said he felt something poky in Eliza's jaw but I was busy doing something else and forgot to check it out. A few days later I remembered Cody's comment and felt her jaw and to my total surprise (I have only heard horror stories of fevers, fussiness, cranky days and nights while teething) I felt and saw a cute little tooth on her bottom jaw. I was so happy and excited that she had gotten a tooth and we had not been through all that cranky business. Well... don't worry, it did not last long. On Sunday at my mission reunion I picked up Eliza and she felt very hot. She did not take a good nap so she was sleepy and hot and mad! I gave her some tylenol and cooled her down with a wet washcloth and then we went home. She was cranky and tired the rest of the day. Right after my friends left at about 6 pm I put her to bed. She was up at 3 am hot and mad again so she slept a while with us. This is how it went for a few days...

Thankfully her fever went down and stayed down yesterday. She is still cranky and clingy but at least no more fever... for now.

I tried to get a picture of her tooth but it was impossible.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Oh yes, you think you've got them on a routine and sleeping good and then come the teeth. Spencer was cranky for three months before his first tooth broke through at 7 months.

Erin said...

Ditto to Kori... I've been blaming Charlotte's crankiness on teething for over half her life now. Poor Eliza! I can't imagine her cranky... I still haven't gotten a picture of Charlotte's 4 teeth... maybe if I get her to smile real big?

Mollie Lawrence said...

boy you are lucky, some babies are cranky for MONTHS before they break through! Congrats Eliza!

jjediehl said...

So happy we got to see all of you this month. We love hearing about how all of you are doing and of course the pictures are great. Love Mom Diehl