Sometime during November Emilee decided that she wanted to make a Christmas Advent calendar. Emilee worked on this baby almost the entire month of December and put in ALOT of hours getting it just right. Each of the round 'ornaments' on the tree is about 2.5" to 3" across and functions as a little pocket where we can place short Christmas thoughts or stories. I think it turned out really great!! Good work Emilee, I'm amazed by your creativity.
Next time: Felt Quiet book for Church
6 comments:
GOOD JOB EMILEE!! That is so so very cute! Good job Cody too for letting us in on the secret! Did she use any type of pattern? That baby in a manger etc. I definitely couldn't do free hand. They are all so fun! I loved our advent calendar as a kid... now I wish we had one! Too bad they are so much work or I'd pay Emilee to make one. But no amount of money is worth all that time- there are some things you are only willing to do for your family or it's too overwhelming!
I made some little hand stitched ornaments for our tree the first year we were married and they took FOREVER and didn't even turn out nearly as nice. So, I know this took A LOT of work. I love it. This year I bought an Advent Calendar for $15 at Joann's because I figured I couldn't make one that cheap. Good job posting in secret also Cody.
That is gorgeous! I am definitely amazed at her skills! I was going to try to make a felt advent calendar for next year, but now I'm a little overwhelmed.
WOW! Amazing!! That looks like something you would pay $$$ for at Pottery Barn! She is so talented... but I already knew that :)
WOW! It's beautiful, I know how much work that was. It's a masterpiece of love. So, nice of you to share with us Cody. Sorry I didn't see the post sooner. Love Mom Diehl
That is the coolest thing ever! Wow, Emilee you put a lot of work into that!
Post a Comment