About Us

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

We had a wonderful family reunion with my family in a pretty little place called Eden, Utah.  It was planned and organized by my sister Becky.  She did a great job and I pity the person who has to organize the next one in 2012...oh darn, that would be me, wish me luck.

We rented 4 condos right by each other so that we could spend every possible second together.  There was a large pool for all of the condos that we utilized most of the day.  There was also lots of grass and a creek for all the kids and a big lake to play in.  We spent our first full day at the lake enjoying each other's company, swimming and swinging from a rope swing.

The big boys and little boys all loved the rope swing and my dad loved helping the little boys get as high as possible.



In the evening after the day at the lake we gathered for a talent show.

 Eliza was the talent for our family.  She can usually point to at least 12 body parts when asked so we thought we could show this off as her talent.  We sat up on the stage and asked her where her different parts are.
I guess she was nervous because she pointed to her ears when I asked where her teeth were and to her mouth when I asked where her hair was.


She finally pointed to her nose and eyes on cue.  Oh well.  She was still pretty cute.  She ended the routine with a mad face.

The talent show continued with amazing performances by all.  It was a wonderful evening.  I had this amazing feeling of peace and joy while we all sat together, smiling and laughing, we share a bond stronger than genes and blood.  I could feel our mom smiling with us.

My dad taught us Give Said the Little Stream in Spanish: El Arroyito Da.  And we sing it all the time now in our house.

Tate and Emma stole the show with an awesome rendition of L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole from Little Rascals.  So cute!

That night all the adults got together again for ice cream and treats and games.  We played several games and had a good ol' time.

The next day was pirate adventure day.  All the kids made pirate hats, parrots, eye patches, and balloon swords and then went on a treasure hunt. 

And for the 20th time that week we all ended up in the pool.  The uncles sent all the kids flying (literally).  With all of the acrobatics thankfully no one was hurt.  This is a sequence of photos of Kimball being tossed into the pool.  I love it because he has a smile of pure glee on his face the entire time.

This kid has no fear.  He just loved it.

That night we had another adult get-together with ice cream and treats and sorted through some stuff from the house my dad will be selling.  

The next day, it was time to check out and go home.  As always I was very sad to say good-bye.  We all live so far apart we only see each other maybe once a year.  Can't wait till San Diego 2012 for the next one!

5 comments:

The Eagar Boones said...

I wish I could express my thoughts like you. I am missing one of those pictures of Kimball. I love the one right before he hits the water. The look of joy he has on his face, priceless. It was all sure fun and can't wait until 2012!

Brianna Tuckett said...

That looks like an AWESOME family reunion! I'm sure your Mom was DEFINTELY smiling down on all of you and enjoying every second of it right along with you! I'm sorry to hear that your Dad is selling your house in Yuma :( Lots of good memories there :) Good luck with planning the next one! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!! :)

Denise and Ed said...

Next time your in Eden, come by and see us! We're not that far away in Brigham City.

Marti said...

I love the mad face so much. I wish my mad face looked like that.

Leah said...

FUUUN!! Eliza's talent show pics are so cute. And, Meemers, your belly bump is adorable.