About Us

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The zoo

We went to the zoo!  Our first stop was the petting zoo.  Eliza was timid at first, as you can see in the picture below, she was clinging to daddy for dear life.  (The red under and on top of her nose are rug burns from our apartment's industrial carpeting...she fell off the arm of the couch.  It was traumatizing for both of us.)


But it only took a few minutes for her to warm up.  

 Then she was giggling and petting the silly goats with no reservation. 

She even ran away from us chasing a goat and nearly tackled him like she does her teddy bear.

We always end up in the elephant odyssey part of the zoo, we like it a lot.  Eliza had a blast running between the legs of this giant elephant. 
She was climbing all over and under him.  Cody chased her all over the exhibit while she giggled and laughed...she is getting pretty fast...
 and I sat my pregnant self on the bench and let him.

Pregnancy update:  I have not said much about this pregnancy because it has been totally uneventful since I passed the 4 month mark.  I figure for posterity's sake I should mention a thing or two.  Baby boy is big and as far as I can tell, a bruiser.  He really gets moving and it makes for a pretty entertaining show.  I think I can point out his elbows, knees, bum and hips.  I have been trying to capture his acrobatics on film, like I did with Eliza, but he is camera shy.  He gets hiccups frequently and moves regularly which are all good things.  At our last prenatal visit the midwife was feeling around for the top and bottom of my uterus to measure it and she found his head so she put my hands where hers were so I could feel it too, it was really neat.  It is still unbelievable and miraculous to me that there is a little person growing within me.  Nov 7 is getting closer and closer, thank heavens, and I am ready to be not pregnant.  Having a newborn and a toddler, though, is sounding more and more daunting....

8 comments:

Marti said...

Come on little boy- hold on for November 8th!

Kori said...

For me the toddler was much harder than the newborn when I had Tanner. Newborns are happy as long as their fed, burped and rested, for the most part. Good luck, you'll do great!

Duckie said...

Looks like the zoo was great. As far as two little ones, you'll make it Em. At least you won't have twins and a toddler. ;) We miss you.

Erin said...

Ha ha! Duckie's comment made me laugh. Does she have twins too? I agree the toddler is the hardest part so far and Eliza is a really great toddler so you'll do great! Loved the update and Eliza and Cody's facial expressions were so cute.

ALYN said...

8 more weeks! Madi was pretty good, she was obedient, and would stay right with you in stores and parking lots. May you be blessed with a great baby and a fun toddler!

Brianna Tuckett said...

The zoo looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well! Good luck with having a baby and a toddler. I'm sure you'll do great! :)

Janny said...

Eliza really bonked her noggin. Looks like you both have been fully initiated into toddlerhood.

Denise and Ed said...

It will be hard at first, but in the end you'll love having them so close! Nate and Rustin are still best of friends!