Sunday, March 31, 2013
The rest of February
Another trip to the zoo, this time we did the petting zoo.
Eliza loves animals and had a great time scraping up the hay and feeding the goats while Coulson just watched.
Next was my birthday. We had my birthday dinner at Black Angus because I got a free meal for signing up for their emails. It was delicious. Fried zucchini, steak, loaded baked potato soup, oh boy. We came home to a turtle cheesecake that Cody made for me. It was very good. Then I got to open my presents and much to my total shock and surprise, he got me a silhouette portrait. It is awesome!!!
It was a great birthday.
The kids at the park enjoying the "calm before the storm".
After all the birthday celebrations, the next week Eliza got really, really sick. It was terrible! We watched Lion King about 100 times.
She had a very high fever reaching 104 that would spike and break over the course of 4 days. It was the worst sickness she has had yet. Poor thing literally laid on the couch for 5-6 days. We were all miserable along with her.
She finally started to improve and I could tell she was feeling better when her little pretend play voice came back. The moment I heard that little voice I knew she was back and I felt a wave of gratitude and relief.
Unfortunately Coulson got a turn next. He had a terrible cough and fever for several days. I did every remedy I knew but nothing seemed to help. He just coughed and coughed and coughed. We took him outside to breathe cool air, took him into the bathroom with the shower on hot, humidifier, raised his bed, honey, homeopathic immunity boost, warm lemon and honey, essential oils, priesthood blessings.....the works. After 3 bad nights, I went to the store and got this homeopathic cough syrup for children that seemed to work miracles. The cough subsided and he finally started to recover. It was a solid 5-6 days of sickness. Then he started to run around and act normally and once again I felt the wave of relief to finally be on the mend. It was a miserable 2 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Good to see you back on the blog! I'm so jealous of your silhouette- I can think of a million things I want to do with one- but I can't justify buying yet! Good job Cody! Loved all the pictures- don't wait to edit- just post- even pictures straight out of the good camera are better than the old pictures right? Excited to get to spend some time with you guys in May!
How fun that you got a silhouette! Those things are awesome!! I can't wait to see what you create with it! That is so sad to have your babies sick! I just hate it and my heart breaks, especially because there is not always a lot you can do for them. I'm glad to hear that things are well now! I love all the pics :)
Post a Comment