Well it has been a long time since we last posted so here goes some catch-up posts..... In January we renewed our zoo passes. On our first visit we spent the whole 2 hours in the new reptile exhibit. I snapped several pictures and finally got a good one of Coulson's ridiculously long eye lashes.
We saw a 2-headed snake. I think I may have audibly gasped and muttered many amazed holy blank-blanks drawing many stares and causing a crowd to congregate to see the amazing creature. There are literally 2 heads....2 snakes joined together each with its own brain, mouth and stomach. They have to cover the other's head while the one eats to keep the peace. Crazy, right!
Silliness at the long-neck turtles. Another one of nature's bizarre creatures.
Just a cute picture Cody snapped while I was gone. These 2 usually play pretty well together and have fun being silly.
Coulson had surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. I can't stand hospitals and doctors so I was extremely nervous about the whole situation especially since my sweet baby boy was the one going under the knife. We were at a really great children's hospital with a good surgeon and the surgery is a very common surgery. All of these things made me feel a little less nervous but I still got very emotional watching him walk away with the nurse. He had on his little gown and socks and he sweetly held her finger and walked away with her to the operating room, I about lost it. He went with her so willingly after she asked him if he wanted ice cream, it was really cute how he perked up and grunted his little grunts at the thought of ice cream. Poor guy didn't get any ice cream just anesthesia. The surgery went well and he recovered fine. He acted like nothing even happened when we got him home. The only thing was that he got a bad croupy cough from the intubation. It was really barky and terrible but they gave him some medicine that helped and he recovered completely within a few days.
He was so calm and groggy coming out of anesthesia and drank 3 cupfuls of juice and part of the popsicle.
In other news, we found this little work of art on the floor in our room, carefully constructed by Eliza.





No comments:
Post a Comment