About Us

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

6 month check-up

Eliza had her 6 month check-up on Monday even though she is almost 7 months. So at 6.75 months she weighed in at 20 pounds (!!!) and measured 27.5 inches long. The doctor looked at the car seat sitting on the floor and said it was time to get a new car seat. Apparently the limit for the car seat is 26 inches... darn! She is above the 95th percentile for everything which means 6-9 month clothes are snug so we are moving into 12 month clothes and my back is aching. And to top off the appointment Eliza got her shots. Poor thing. She screamed and had big alligator tears running down her cheeks, but then when I picked her up after it was all over she stopped crying and even looked back at the nurse and smiled. So forgiving.

We went for a walk yesterday and Eliza sat in the stroller instead of in her car seat which then sits in the stroller. (side note: I always take her on walks with her in the car seat so that I can see her. We like to entertain each other on the walk, I will definitely miss that when we get the new car seat.) So we came home and started making dinner and Eliza was just chillaxin' in the stroller with her feet resting on the car seat adapter bar. We, of course, thought it was the cutest thing ever so we took a picture.

Dinner time... she looks a little blurry because she is constantly moving while sitting in her high chair.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness that last picture is the spitting image of Cody! I can't believe how big she is! Charlotte was 28 inches at her 9 month and I think she's probably right about 20 pounds now! You've got a big baby. My arms are hurting when I carry her all day and she at least crawls and is close to walking. You are going to be so buff by the time Eliza is walking! Thanks for posting. I miss getting to see her!

jjediehl said...

She's just too cute!! You will get muscles carrying her around. Cody did that for me when he was a "chunky" baby. I love the pictures and hearing about how all of you are doing. Love Grandma
XXX000

Kori said...

That's a nice stroller? Was it a craig's list find? We have a jogging one but not nearly as nice as yours. That girl is way cute!

Janny said...

So I love love LOooOOve that last picture. I can't wait to see that cute little girl. How about Sept. 21-23ish-

npk_techguy said...

The thing to look forward to is when she is in a forward facing car seat and you can see her in the rear-view mirror. Worse than texting . . .