It was very hot for our kids who have never really experienced such extreme heat but there were lots and lots of little cousins to play with so they were happy.
On the first day we went to Montezuma's castle. I have always wanted to see it so it was great to go. It was very hot and we are not acclimated to it anymore. Coulson's little cheeks were bright red and he and Eliza kept looking at us like "Where have you taken us? And why do you make us suffer?" Eliza exclaimed several times, "I'm sweaty, eeeww! There's sweat on my back, eeeewww!"
Thankfully there was a lovely pool where we were staying. This pool was the best pool I have ever seen. If we ever have a pool, I want that exact pool. Too bad I don't have any pictures of it. We really failed at taking pictures this whole trip. :(
In the evening we went on a date with Cody's sister and brother and their spouses. We went to Blazin' M Ranch. This couple in Cottonwood has built this old western mini-town with shops and activities. The main attraction though, is a chuckwagon dinner and show. We went early and walked around the mini-town and then had dinner. The dinner was good but the show was amazing. I was really, really, really impressed, really. If you are ever in Cottonwood or Sedona, go. You won't regret it. The couple that owns the place are award-winning performers and have been recognized by the Western Music Association as the best yodeling duo and the best harmony duo. They are very talented. And there is the funny sidekick that had us rolling with laughter during his performance of Rindercella. I almost wet my pants. He was hilarious and he has an amazingly deep voice and has had extensive experience in performing. Even if you aren't a fan of classic western music or yodeling or cowboy poetry, I think you would still love it. Anyway, enough about that!
Day 2 included a visit to the fish hatchery where Cody and his siblings were raised.
These girls played well and loved to walk together holding hands. It was very cute.
Day 3 was family pictures and then an extended family reunion. You can see how cheerful Coulson can be.
S'mores around the fire.
After the reunion we stayed a few more nights in Cornville at Cody's parents. On Sunday night, we finally got to watch a monsoon roll in. It was beautiful and made me miss living in Arizona.
On our drive to Utah we saw another monsoon. We almost got washed off the road.
The car ride was long and we watched Kung Fu Panda 5 times.
At cousin Joe's house watching his model trains:
Insert Ellsworth Family Reunion here.
Considering the fact that we slept in 5 different places, swam everyday, played in the heat and sun, met lots of new people, ate lots of sugar, and were stuck in the car for a total of 24 hours over 11 days, I say this is totally warranted:
Poor babies. This was on the last leg of the drive home and they had had it.
















4 comments:
Is Charlie choking you with the binoculars? Sorry about that! You can have the pic of cody wearing the floatie. Maybe your blog readers would enjoy. haha!
I love that pool too! It was good to see you guys.
They look so very pitiful and sad by the end! I can just imagine the sound that was coming out of Coulson!
Thanks for sharing. Oh how we loved having all of you here. Thanks to Jesse and Mindy for hosting ALL of us. It was fun. It made my summer. Love Grandma
Post a Comment