Our reunion was olympic-themed so we wore our olympic-ringed shirts and had a few olympic games. I divided everyone up into teams and each team made a flag the night before and competed with their team in the games that night and all day the next.
100 meter sprint to the clothesline with the discs then jump to get the disc (standing jump) and then the discus.
Hurdles.
Shot put. And then long jump (in a gunny sack) and javelin.
Eliza and Amy just loved each other, it was so cute. They were found all alone in one of the condos shoving hot tamales in their mouths just as fast as they could chew them up and swallow.
It was fun for all ages. I love Joe's face in this next one.
The gunny sack was a little small for the adults especially for the ones who wear size 14 shoes.
Nice moves, Daddio!
The javelin was throwing a pool noodle throw the hula hoop. My sister Becky made this obstacle course. She is simply amazing at thinking up fun activities and planning parties. Thank you Becky!!!
Next event was water balloon volleyball. We didn't have a proper volleyball net so the trees popped some of the balloons but it was all good fun.
Sweet Betsy.
Next up: aquatics!
Cody relaxing on ALL of the pool noodles.
Joe did some amazing flips.
And (big) Joe and Gunner photo-bombing. Love their expressions.
Julie, Scottie and I did a synchronized swimming routine that was out of this world. :)
Look at Julie's beautifully pointed toes.
Scottie is a gymnast so she was the star of the performance with perfectly executed hand-stands and flips.
Our final lift was amazing! There was another routine done by another team that was also very, very good.
There was also some awesome synchronized diving.
Everyone performed amazingly in their events! Gold medals for all!!!
Oops, the medals were way too small. My bad!
It was a very fun and very exhausting day.
My name is Emilee and I am an introvert. Being in front of people and telling everyone what to do and how to do it and feeling responsible for everyone's happiness was almost too much. I am no good at it but I am glad my family gave me a chance. I hope everyone had fun. I know I did! I look forward to our next reunion!
3 comments:
What a fun family reunion. I wish our family did cool things like that.;-)
What a blast. The bar has been raised.
I have to say I am really impressed Em!! That looks like such a fun family reunion! Just from the pics and smiles I can tell you did an AMAZING job! I may have to steal some of those game ideas :) Oh and the sychronized swimming looked FABULOUS!! :)
It was awesome and so fun to relive it all! You did great little sis. I now need to get on the ball and post on my blog.
Post a Comment