For the final day of the reunion we went to the Logan temple and did sealings for family names. After the hustle of packing up and getting to the temple on time, being in the temple with these wonderful people was so peaceful and just the best way to end a great family reunion.
I just love all of these people so much.
I want to take mugshots from these pictures and put them on my screensaver, they are just too funny. Love them all.
Beautiful Logan Temple. Our mom and dad were sealed here and our ancestors settled in the Cache Valley and attended this temple regularly so it was very significant for us to be in this holy place and walk the halls they walked. Our great-great grandfather was a landscape gardener for the temple grounds. His legacy was making the grounds look beautiful and heavenly. One tree that he planted still stands.
After lunch at Chuck-a-rama, we went on a tour of a few of the homes in Providence that were built by our ancestors. I tried to explain things the best I could and I provided pictures of our ancestors for everyone to see who I was talking about. I even had some pictures of our ancestor standing in front of the home we were looking at. It was amazing for me to see these places.
Jacob Zollinger family home.
It was a very hot day and we were all stuffed from lunch but no one complained. We stayed in the shade as much as possible...
...and enjoyed a little splashing in the irrigation ditches in front of the houses.
Thomas and Rosina Schenk Stirland home. I had a dream a while ago about this couple. In this dream I asked my mom about them and she lovingly started to tell me about them but I woke up before she could say anything. Ever since that dream I have had a great desire to know more about my ancestors. Doing research for this tour and then seeing the home in which they lived and the trees Thomas planted was really a dream come true for me. I feel a deep bond to these faithful people and an even greater desire to know my other ancestors.



2 comments:
Sounds like you did a fabulous job leading the reunion. Family History is awesome. And you aren't responsible to keep everyone happy, that's for sure. It looks like a great time! In 4 or 8 years when more Diehl kids are old enough to play relay games, we'll have to do some fun olympics!
That is so neat! I had no idea your family was so involved in the Logan Temple and Cache Valley! What a cool way to spend a day at a family reunion. I can really feel the love you have for your ancestors and doing geneology. Way cool!!
Post a Comment