About Us

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Arizona Part 1


Late July we headed to Arizona to visit family friends.  On the way there we went through Bagdad to stay with some friends.  Cody got to do some mountain biking and I got to go swimming.

Cody and Karl saw 2 gila monsters on their ride.  Seeing one is rare, so seeing 2 was pretty exciting.






 Cody also got to go a tour of the mine and see some mighty machines.


Karl must be good luck because we took a short walk in the desert and saw a gray fox.  I have never seen a fox in the wild, he moved so swiftly we hardly saw him.  We had a great time seeing our friends and enjoying the desert.  Our kids kept talking about all the cool things you see in the desert because one of their favorite Jeff Corwin episodes is when he is in Arizona and sees rattlesnakes, gila monsters, and tarantulas.  They were looking out for saguaro cactus on the drive and got so excited when we finally saw one.  Cody and I were laughing to ourselves because they were so excited about something we found so ordinary and commonplace.

We left our friends' house in the evening and drove through Prescott to Cornville.  I have never been to Prescott so I was surprised to see it was in the middle of pine forests.  It was a beautiful drive.  We also got to see a great lightening show on the horizon as we drove and then we caught up to it and drove right through it.  We both miss Arizona so much and the amazing summer monsoons so it was an exciting drive.

No comments: