About Us

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pacific Coast Odyssey Part 5- Family Reunion

Wednesday morning we went on a wagon ride.  When I saw the horses, I got really excited because I could see they were very large but they did not have feathering at the fetlock (bottom part of the leg).  I was excited because they looked like large Fresians which do not have much feathering.  The driver told me they were an Amish Percheron/Fresian mix.  It was pretty exciting to me.  Fresians are a very large and beautiful breed that are used a lot in movies because they have a presence.  Goliath in Ladyhawke was a Fresian.  



Eliza sat up front and watched the horses the entire ride.


After lunch we went to the obstacle course and did a few of the challenges.

Put everyone on top of the wall...



 And then somehow they got Joe up last!

And then more slip and slide!




 Thursday was our last day!  It went by way too quick.  I didn't get a picture of everything!  There was tons of good food and games and lots of cousins playing.  We had a blast!

Thursday morning we cleaned up and checked out and then took the kids on horse rides.  

Forrest rode on the horse and had a great time.  Eliza walked beside me as I led the horse around the pasture but she did not want to get in the saddle.  And Coulson just wanted to walk beside me too.  Oh well.



I tried to set Addie on the horse but she was having none of it.  Maybe next time.

Then we went canoeing on the lake.  That was so fun and I wish we could have gone out more than just the one time.  The kids loved it!


No comments: