One of my old roommates and very good friend Janny was living in Washington for the summer while her husband did an internship. They were leaving Washington and returning to Tucson just while we were travelling up the coast. We met midway in the Redwoods and hiked Stout Grove together. It was so great to see them!!
Iris, Eliza and Coulson playing peek-a-boo.
Midway through the trail in Stout Grove you come to a river so we took a little detour and sat on the banks for a while and let the kids play.
With the help of a fellow hiker Eliza fulfilled her wish of the trip and found a tiny frog. She was elated.
She held onto it for quite a while and I finally talked her into letting it go before she accidentally smashed it.
Coulson kind of got soaked. He went all the way in. I did not have a change of clothes and rode back to the campsite in his wet undies.
Google stitched my photos together and made this cool pano shot of one of the trees.
It was great morning!
We parted ways with our dear friends and headed back to camp for a little rest.
Adelaide, Couslon and Cody napped while Eliza and I explored our KOA and fed the goats.
The name of tent site loop:
Our little site was completely surrounded by huge trees.
After everyone woke up we went out to eat at the local restaurant right on the ocean. We got a bundle of firewood at the KOA guest store and roasted some mallows before getting to bed.
I think that night was our best night of sleep. We brought our battery-powered white noise machine and I think that made all the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment