About Us

Monday, September 8, 2014

Pacific Coast Odyssey Part 3- Oregon Coast and Multnomah Falls

After packing up camp in the morning we headed up the 101 on the Oregon coast.  It was a very beautiful drive with huge rocks and very dense green forests.  I have never seen anything like it.  As we drove I looked out the window at the ocean and happened to see a whale spouting so we pulled over and waited and waited for it to come up again.  


Just as we were about to leave I saw it and snapped some pictures.  Google put together this little gif... not much but it was pretty exciting.

We drove about 5 or 6 hours that day and never had cell service.  It was extremely frustrating.  This was the only leg of the trip that was not planned exactly where to stay and what to see.  We were just going to see what we saw and plan as we went but we couldn't plan because I couldn't look anything up on my phone.  We ended up eating nasty over-priced pizza and staying in a ridiculously expensive hotel at the very last minute because everything was booked up for the summer.  It was very pretty but I felt helpless without the internet to tell me where to stay and what to see.  It totally ruined it.  We were pretty mad at all of Oregon for not having any cell towers.  How can we enjoy your lovely state if we can't even place a call to find vacancy in a hotel??!!  I guess that is the point...keep all the beauty to yourselves.  I'm still not over it.

Moving on.....  The next morning we drove from Lincoln City to Multnomah Falls










 This is his second pb and j.  He decided he wanted to eat it in the cave.  I thought it was really cute how he neatly took it out of the bag....

 and looked at it so lovingly.
 Addie loves her baby backpack, thankfully.


This is a view over the railing of the bridge Cody is crossing above. 


 We had a great time.  We didn't go all the way up but came down after a while and had ice cream.

We stopped at another fall along the road.




The Columbia River gorge was beautiful (I think that is the 50th time I have said that....but it was all so beautiful!)


That night we finally made it to my brother's house in Kennewick, Washington.  The next day we went to church with them and had a perfectly relaxing Sunday afternoon followed by a family dinner and an evening walk.




No comments: